The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 01:50:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join The Infinite Quest - This Week's Story: Black Orchid

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Diary of a One Night Stand

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diary of a One Night Stand  (Read 248 times)
Trinaluv33
Hatchling

Favourite Doctor: Tenth, Eleventh, AND Fifth! :)
Favourite Companion: Rory Pond

Warning: Beware of Trinas

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 3 Apple User Mobile User
« on: October 15, 2012, 03:23:57 am »

Summary: An unnamed "One Night Stand" Companion of the Doctor reflects on her adventure with the mysterious Time Lord.

Diary of a One Night Stand

He was beautiful. The man of so many names, but known by most as simply the Doctor. He gallivanted across time and space in his big, blue, trans-dimensional, time traveling box, never stopping. He can never stop.

The first time I met him, I could tell there was something he knew, something he wasn't telling me. There was so much sorrow in his childlike face, but I couldn't find the source of his sadness. I didn't want to know.

When we first met, he led me into the TARDIS- we went on an adventure. It seemed that he went on adventures a lot. It was obvious that he walks into danger on a daily basis.

We visited a strange planet, full of complimentary shampoo-sized people- blue people! I almost stepped on one of the little guys. Luckily, the Doctor stopped me.We spent the day on all different types of planets, saving people as much as we could.

We laughed the whole way back to the TARDIS, joking about the strange people we met. There was Hama-kuma-Bobsta, a greenish-purple alien with a boiling red temper. Then there was Tamitha, the yellow-haired young girl whom the Doctor and I saved from being persecuted as a witch.

The Doctor smiled at me, but I found myself focusing on the sorrow in his light blue eyes. Those eyes that were brand new and ancient at the same time. His sadness seemed to echo into my own heart, weighing me down in the depths of despair. What was it that made him so sad, that caused his soul to cry out into the universe? Would he ever tell me?

A few moments later, I was dropped off at home, and I watched the TARDIS disappear into the night.

That day was the first time I met the Doctor, and the last.
Report Spam   Logged

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue
thebunnyinthetardis
Easily Exterminated
Favourite Doctor: David Tennant & Pat Troughton
Favourite Companion: Donna, Jamie & Zoe

View Profile
50 Posts Poll Voter Level 2
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 06:40:47 am »

You know, after reading both of your vignettes here I was thinking that you might considering combining the elements of both to give you the basis for a longer story.  Use this one as your back story but instead of it being a one night stand, the POV character continues with the Doctor and they end up in the adventure described in the other one.  The next bit, though, is to ask yourself the question "what happened next?"  That will give you a direction to move in and the next "chapter" in the story.   Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Scott
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

View Profile
One year Anniversary Poll Starter Level 4
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 12:57:35 am »

I agree with the above. You have a good writing style but I want more. There was enough in this snippet to make me wonder about further stories, either beyond what we already have or by developing what is described within. That's a positive though. To have us wanting more.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: