The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 04:43:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Celebrate 50 years of Doctor Who with us in our Top Ten Of Everything section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

The Top Ten Of Everything

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Top Ten Of Everything  (Read 401 times)
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« on: January 05, 2013, 12:58:43 pm »

Welcome aboard our brand new section, The Top Ten Of Everything, which is part of our year long celebrations for the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who.

This section is all about celebrating Doctor Who and all that the show has given us since it first aired in 1963. We, the forum moderators, and hopefully you as members, will be building this section up over the coming months to include the top ten of just about everything relating to the show.

The moderators will be adding their chosen topics over the next few days and then adding to them in the run up to the actual anniversary in November. There are a number of ways to complete your lists and we hope that all of you will join in to share your favourites. You can add complete lists to the section for discussion or add new entries over a period of time, for example one per week or month.

All lists are based on the personal favourites of their creators and so you may find multiple lists of the same catagory or even want to create one that has already been made. This is perfectly acceptable. The more the merrier.

We aim to cover all aspects of the show from the classic run right through to present day. If you are unfamiliar with the classics then please feel free to build you lists around the newer series only. If you would like to make a list but are unsure of a topic to cover, here are some examples that Saber came up with to get you started:

Top Ten Companions
Top Ten Enemies/Villains/Bad Guys
Top Ten Stories/Episodes
Top Ten Funny Moments
Top Ten Scares
Top Ten Merchandise (audios, books, homeware etc, or even a mixed list, so the top ten DW items you own?)
Top Ten Gadgets
Top Ten Worst Special Effects
Top Ten Tearjerkers
Top Ten Deaths/Exits
Top Ten Nth Doctor Moments
Top Ten Guest Stars
Top Ten Planets
Top Ten Most Underrrated Stories
Top Ten Dalek/Cyber stories

And there are probably a whole host of others that you could come up with, too. There are no right or wrong lists to add here. It is all down to personal opinion, so come and get involved

While in this section of the forum you must adhere to the overall forum rules. If you are unfamiliar with these rules then they can be found at the top of the main forum board.

If you need any help while using this section of the forum then please ask a moderator for help.
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Companion: River

Formally River Song

View Profile
Level 6 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 04:03:33 pm »

I think this is a wicked idea. Once I can decide on one to do, I will get a list going too Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 08:31:49 pm »

Pertwee is my favourite Doctor. When I get five I will do my top ten Pertwee stories Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
Mr Chinn
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: McCoy and Smith
Favourite Companion: Jo, Romana I, Ace & Donna

View Profile
500 Posts Signature Level 4
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 11:44:29 pm »

I think this is a great idea. I might even do one of my own once I get to know everyone here a bit more.
Report Spam   Logged

The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 01:54:57 pm »

I think this is a great idea. I might even do one of my own once I get to know everyone here a bit more.

Don't be shy to join in. We want everyone to be a part of this as it is about the fans and their personal favourites, celebrating the show. The more you post, the more you will get to know everyone. It's a very friendly bunch Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Scott
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

View Profile
One year Anniversary Poll Starter Level 4
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 12:10:33 am »

I think this is a great idea. I won't start one myself because I am on too infrequently and it will take forever to finish, but I think the ones that are listed so far are great.
Report Spam   Logged

TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 12:45:30 pm »

This section is great. I'll add my own at some point now that I am going to be around more.
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: