The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 08:54:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out all the spoilers from Series 7 in our dedicated spoiler section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Top 50 NuWho Stories

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Top 50 NuWho Stories  (Read 1162 times)
Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2013, 09:23:14 am »

I used to think Blink was the biz. If I had to turn someone on to the show, this was one I used, but there are two factors which has now made this one that I can't be bothered with anymore. The first is all the fans who are like 'ermagerd itz Blink' and treating it like the second coming of Who. Yes it's good and clever, but look a bit wider and you'll see that there are many better stories out there and that timeywimeyness didn't start with the story. In fact it goes all the way back to Season 2 with The Space Museum (check it out, it's great).

The second issue I have is that Moff wrote a great story, realised the fans were lapping it up and then wrote the same elements in to pretty much every story he wrote for the next 3 years. He overdid it, tried too hard to make every as story complex and confusing as this one and as a result a lot of his stories fell flat and reflected badly on this one for me. It probably would have made my list, but it would have been down around this area too.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: