The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 19, 2024, 02:31:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Celebrate 50 years of Doctor Who with us in our Top Ten Of Everything section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Top 50 NuWho Stories

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Top 50 NuWho Stories  (Read 1202 times)
hannahcole93
Global Moderator
Master Of Galaxies
Favourite Doctor: 11 & 5
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond & Nyssa

"Fish fingers and custard..."

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary 10000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary
« on: January 05, 2013, 04:26:45 pm »

Daleks in Manhattan/Evolution of the Daleks

The Tenth Doctor
21st - 28th April 2007

I'm not that surprised that this one appears in my top 50. It is another episode which I think is fairly underrated, and one which I believe has received fairly negative reviews.

I am not a fan of series 3 admittedly, but this is one of my favourites from the series. This episode has a truly historical feel to it (not with the Daleks) but I really enjoy the episodes which have a historical feel to them, and this one does a good job of showing what life in New York could have been like in the 1930s during the depression, and it does an even better job of basing the whole story around what lengths the then homeless may have done to get any sort of money.

I love the way the story brings in the human side of the daleks. It, for me, shows the lengths that the daleks will go to to get any sort of army on their side.

This may be a surprising entry to my top 50, but it is one which I believe earns its place here. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"All of time and space; everything that ever happened or ever will…Where do you want to start?"

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: