The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 20, 2024, 03:57:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join The Infinite Quest - This Week's Story: Black Orchid

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

No Regrets

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No Regrets  (Read 403 times)
Mr Chinn
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: McCoy and Smith
Favourite Companion: Jo, Romana I, Ace & Donna

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
500 Posts Signature Level 4
« on: January 07, 2013, 02:53:57 am »

Doctor Who has been a huge part of my life for a long time. I've never been content with just watching the episodes, I've always wanted to look for spoilers, discuss what I'm seeing and chat about why I like it so much. When the show returned in 2005 the internet exploded with different sites, forums, chatrooms and the like and I have to admit I have made my way through a few but have never managed to stay in one place for very long, and in most cases I never felt like I could join in, but this place has been different. I've been here over a month now and so I feel like I've gotten a good feel for the place and how it works and there is just something about it that keeps bringing me back.

Unlike a lot of forums out there where you have to know every minute detail of the show for fear of being lambasted by the 'proper fans', or where stating an opinion on what you like can bring you ridicule or be simply told you are wrong, this forum seems to go out of its way to welcome everyone, regardless of views, levels of knowledge or how long you have been a fan. In such a short space of time I have never felt part of something so inclusive and I think a huge level of praise should go to all the staff and members here for making something like that happen.

I came to this forum how I came to others; fully expecting to have moved on within a week because it was filled with the same old dramas that plagued so many other Doctor Who forums, but I can honestly say that you simply won't find that here. The people are pleasent, the topics are fun and insightful and the atmosphere is warm and welcoming. It's easy to lurk, but joining in is what helps excellent places like this to grow and I am really glad that I did. I plan to stick around.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: