The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 04:16:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Celebrate 50 years of Doctor Who with us in our Top Ten Of Everything section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Hannah's Top 10 New Adventure Novels

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hannah's Top 10 New Adventure Novels  (Read 684 times)
hannahcole93
Global Moderator
Master Of Galaxies
Favourite Doctor: 11 & 5
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond & Nyssa

"Fish fingers and custard..."

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary 10000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2013, 03:50:22 pm »

The Forgotten Army

The Eleventh Doctor
Released 22nd April 2010

I had a big struggle picking between this book and my number one as both have been very very memorable reads for me.

The Forgotten Army is my most favourite of the Eleventh Doctor novels for many reasons. Firstly, the writing is absolutely brilliant and all of the placed used are described so well showing the author (Brian Minchin) has done considerable research in to it. Secondly, and perhaps why the book is one of my favourites, is because it is set in New York and I read it while I was in New York a couple of years ago. Reading this while in New York was the best thing ever. Everything that was being described was somewhere where I had been or seen just that day and it gave it more of a realistic feel for me. I just could not put this book down and I really really recommend you give this book a read if you haven't already. It has a kind of Angels of Manhattan feel (even though the book came first).

"Let me tell you a story. Long ago, in the frozen Arctic wastes, an alien army landed. Only now, 10,000 years later, it isn't a story. And the army is ready to attack.

New York – one of the greatest cities on 21st century Earth...

But what's going on in the Museum? And is that really a Woolly Mammoth rampaging down Broadway? An ordinary day becomes a time of terror, as Ice Age creatures come back to life, and the Doctor and Amy meet a new and deadly enemy. The vicious Army of the Vykoid are armed to the teeth and determined to enslave the human race. Even though they're only seven centimetres high. With the Doctor kidnapped, and the Vykoid army swarming across Manhattan and sealing it from the world with a powerful alien forcefield, Amy has just 24 hours to find the Doctor and save the city. If she doesn't, the people of Manhattan will be taken to work in the doomed asteroid mines of the Vykoid home planet. But as time starts to run out, who can she trust? And how far will she have to go to free New York from the Forgotten Army?
"
Report Spam   Logged

"All of time and space; everything that ever happened or ever will…Where do you want to start?"
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: