The Doctor In The TARDIS
December 05, 2019, 10:49:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Celebrate 50 years of Doctor Who with us in our Top Ten Of Everything section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Canon

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canon  (Read 223 times)
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: October 10, 2010, 10:51:46 pm »

You know what Fifth Doctor, I agree with nearly everything you have said. Moffat seems to believing his own hype and judging by the way the people on the show talk, he seems to have surrounded himself with 'yes men'.

Don't get me wrong, I quite enjoyed series 5, and I think when Moff is at his best, he is superb, but I also believe he has become somewhat complacent of late. His episodes (pre showrunner) were widely popular, and he knew it. But it feels a bit like he assumes he can just put anything out and we will all lap it up, which really isnt the way to go.

This thread is about canon though and not dogging Moff, so I will round off to my point. Moff publicly saying that canon is what fans dream up, and not something thats relevent to the show, seems to me like a big F.U to both its history and the fans who hold it so dearly. As I said above, I am fickle enough to accept some changes providing I like the story they are in, but he has come off as though he wants to change things just for the sake of it, should he so choose. I just hope he was merely pointing out that he can, and not that he will.

In his defence though, Moff isnt the only one to say things along the same lines. Chibnall has also said that there is no such thing as canon in Doctor Who. Also, because I want to stay as neutral as possible, I should point out that JNT stuck to canon like it was written law, and got so wrapped up in the history and canon of DW that it alienated many casual fans, and it reflected in the ratings. A happy medium is definately needed
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: