The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 20, 2024, 12:04:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join The Infinite Quest - This Week's Story: Black Orchid

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Canon

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canon  (Read 639 times)
thefifthdoctor
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Fifth
Favourite Companion: Peri

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« on: October 10, 2010, 10:38:58 pm »

Hmm....this could be a right **** debate you've started, Doc.
Once Blue & the others get here it may get interesting  Wink

My thoughts on all this are conflicted.

The regen limit issue is a funny one - sure, the Timelords are (as far as we know) all dead, so the limit should be out the window really, but then again, they've made a big deal previously in classic Who about how The Master had used up all his regenerations.
In fact, wasn't it a big plot device for them getting him to play ball in The Five Doctors?
(even if he went as "a world without the Doctor...barely worth thinking about" or words to that effect)

If Moffat really did come out & basically say to hell with canon, then I'm with the others, it sounds like he's redoing Nu-Who into his own personal fanwank, and I'm really not ok with that.
Series 5 was already mediocre at best (for me at least) and I really hope the show improves quick smart.

RTD wasn't exactly perfect by any means, some of his stuff is amongst the shoddiest eps of Who ever - even the Colin Baker era - but he gets a pass for the most part because at the end of the day, he brought the show back.

I'm feeling more & more let down by Moffat as time goes on.
I've loved a lot of his previous work - Coupling (apart from the last series!), Jekyll, Sherlock - but he just keeps coming across more & more as being a bit of a tosser sadly.

Maybe it's because we all put him on too high a pedestal after TDD, TGITF & Blink (The library eps weren't his best). Put your idols too high & the only thing they can do is fall.

Anyway, I think I'm rambling a bit, so I'll shut up for now  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: