The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 07:20:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in the Classic Episode Battles in The Invasion of Time

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Canon

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canon  (Read 631 times)
ardalyon
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: Tom Baker
Favourite Companion: Peri

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary 100 Posts
« on: February 01, 2013, 11:41:34 am »

I think there is canon in terms of the history of the universe and canon in terms of the rules the Doctor himself is bound by. I don't think we should be bound too much to the former, and I don't actually think we ever were -- just think of how many completely different and mutually incompatible accounts we have had of the eventual future of mankind, even within Classic Who (The Ark), within NuWho (The Beast Below and Utopia), and of course across both versions. The Doctor changes 'history', after all. I would be more wary about changing the rules the Doctor is bound by, however. Although I don't mind too much the Doctor crossing his own timeline and picking up messages to himself that he hasn't actually written yet, I would not want this to go too far, and changing the regen limit without any explanation would be too far. But they could probably come up with some kind of explanation -- maybe when the Doctor reset the Universe in The Big Bang he started a completely new cycle of regenerations or something. But ultimately I don't think I want that because I want the twelfth Doctor to regenerate into the first. I think that would be the perfect way to end.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: