The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 01:15:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Head over to 76 Totters Lane and check out all the latest merchandise

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Mistakes and Inconsistencies The Celestial Toymaker

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mistakes and Inconsistencies The Celestial Toymaker  (Read 272 times)
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« on: January 13, 2013, 11:45:04 am »

If you spotted any mistakes, errors, inconsistencies or bloopers within this story then note them down in here and share them with the forum Smiley

Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 04:55:23 pm »

The order at which they take turns in the final game keeps changing. Dodo is supposed to go first out of the three as per the starting positions, with Cyril going last, but then later Steven starts going after Cyril when it should be Dodo.
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 04:55:24 pm »

The order at which they take turns in the final game keeps changing. Dodo is supposed to go first out of the three as per the starting positions, with Cyril going last, but then later Steven starts going after Cyril when it should be Dodo.
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 11:09:39 am »

Apart from a load of fluffed lines I didn't spot anything this time. It's harder when you have to just go with mostly audio.
Report Spam   Logged

Saber
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Liz Shaw

View Profile
Second year Anniversary Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 08:27:35 pm »

I remember reading a long time ago that there were lots of errors within the Trilogic game, but I have no idea how that game works and so wouldn't have noticed them myself and still don't know what they are.
Report Spam   Logged
Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Jon Pertwee
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 5000 Posts Second year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 09:14:51 pm »

I remember reading a long time ago that there were lots of errors within the Trilogic game, but I have no idea how that game works and so wouldn't have noticed them myself and still don't know what they are.

I can understand how the game works, but I think you'd need to be a maths prodigy to be able to tell if it's being played right.  I'm not.
Report Spam   Logged

Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Rory

Rory FTW

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 11:07:22 am »

I can understand how the game works, but I think you'd need to be a maths prodigy to be able to tell if it's being played right.  I'm not.

From wiki:

When the Doctor is on move 905, he moves a piece so it counts as move 906. However, when the Celestial Toymaker asks the pieces to go to move 930, they only jump 21 times so it should be move 927.

In one spot of the Trilogic game, the smallest piece can be seen to be on top of the 5 piece. In order to get the minimum 1023 moves for the game, the smallest piece can never be put on top of another odd numbered piece – so the Doctor shouldn't be able to do it in 1023 moves.

Also, at 1000 moves, there are pieces on all three edges of the board. In the optimum solution of 1023 moves, one of the edges should be blank at 1000 moves.

I'd never have known, either.
Report Spam   Logged

Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask someone why they're white!
Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Rory

Rory FTW

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 11:08:16 am »

For my own contribution, the only thing I noticed was that at one point when the Toymaker was talking you could hear a cough in the background.
Report Spam   Logged

Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask someone why they're white!
Kovarians-Eye-Patch
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Companion: Martha Jones

View Profile
Search One year Anniversary Level 4
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 10:32:19 am »

From wiki:

When the Doctor is on move 905, he moves a piece so it counts as move 906. However, when the Celestial Toymaker asks the pieces to go to move 930, they only jump 21 times so it should be move 927.

In one spot of the Trilogic game, the smallest piece can be seen to be on top of the 5 piece. In order to get the minimum 1023 moves for the game, the smallest piece can never be put on top of another odd numbered piece – so the Doctor shouldn't be able to do it in 1023 moves.

Also, at 1000 moves, there are pieces on all three edges of the board. In the optimum solution of 1023 moves, one of the edges should be blank at 1000 moves.

I'd never have known, either.

I still don't understand Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: