The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 01:52:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow our Facebook group, or check out the Doctor Who News site by hitting the links below

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Are We Getting Enough Doctor Who In 2013

Poll
Question: Choose an answer
Yes, anything is better than nothing - 1 (9.1%)
No, we should be getting more - 6 (54.5%)
I'll decide once we have concrete confirmation - 4 (36.4%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are We Getting Enough Doctor Who In 2013  (Read 419 times)
Mr Chinn
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: McCoy and Smith
Favourite Companion: Jo, Romana I, Ace & Donna

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
500 Posts Signature Level 4
« on: January 23, 2013, 02:52:51 pm »

Based on another thread elsewhere in the forum where there is a discussion about how much DW we are getting in the anniversary year, which so far appears to be:

- 8 episodes left over from 2012
- The 60 minute anniversary episode
- The Gatiss documentary

With Christmas as yet unannounced and rumoured to not be on (though this hasn't been confirmed by the BBC).

So do you think we are getting enough or should there be more because of the occassion?
Report Spam   Logged

Mr Chinn
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: McCoy and Smith
Favourite Companion: Jo, Romana I, Ace & Donna

View Profile
500 Posts Signature Level 4
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 02:55:37 pm »

I'm going to sound like a spoiled brat, but I think we should get more. As I said elsewhere, we are getting 8 episodes that were made for 2012 but held back and then nothing until the anniversary, which appears to be just one episode and then maybe nothing at Christmas.

There is a chance that we are simply not in the loop and there is so much more heading our way, but based on that so far I'd say we aren't getting 'more DW than ever before' as Moff has previously stated. I would have been fine with anything had he not said that and raised expectations but you shouldn't offer something and then take it away.
Report Spam   Logged

CollieMonster
Easily Exterminated
Favourite Doctor: Tom Baker
Favourite Companion: Sarah Jane Smith

Jelly baby?

View Profile WWW
50 Posts Search 10 Posts
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 03:10:12 pm »

I would have been fine with anything had he not said that and raised expectations but you shouldn't offer something and then take it away.

Exactly that. I was thinking we'd have the rest of series 7, a full series 8, and some specials, just because it was said we'd have so much. Now it doesn't look like that's going to be the case Sad
Report Spam   Logged

"Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness and love." ~Sarah Jane Smith

AKC/UKC Pt'd Moxie's Adamantium Man URO1 RA CA HIC TT CGC, Service Dog (Smooth Collie)
Gavroche de la Rue URO1 RA CGC (Boxer)
The Mighty Jagrafess of the Holy Hadrojassic Maxarodenfoe (Crested Gecko)
Lis (Mouse)

The Eclectic Collie
CollieMonster
Easily Exterminated

Jelly baby?

View Profile WWW
50 Posts Search 10 Posts
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 05:56:27 pm »

Well, this says "Steven Moffat has promised us that in terms of Doctor Who, 2013 will be a ‘tremendous’ year and we’ll be bringing you more about the forthcoming adventures soon." So, maybe there's still hope.

Also, 66 DAYS!
Report Spam   Logged

"Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness and love." ~Sarah Jane Smith

AKC/UKC Pt'd Moxie's Adamantium Man URO1 RA CA HIC TT CGC, Service Dog (Smooth Collie)
Lis (Mouse)

The Eclectic Collie
Saber
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Liz Shaw

View Profile
Second year Anniversary Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 12:13:21 pm »

I've gone with option 3. When we know for certain what we are getting I will decide if I think there should be more or if we have enough. I'm not sure if we 'should' get more though. I think we're lucky to get anything at the moment with the way the BBC is taking cuts
Report Spam   Logged
Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 02:09:20 pm »

I think we should be getting more. Not because we 'deserve' it, but because it's such a huge and significant year for the show and so far it seems nothing but a whimper. There are less episodes, a special that's no longer than a Christmas ep (and shorter than a lot, too) and no guarantee of a story at Christmas. The episodes we are getting are just leftovers from last year and so in terms of making something for the 50th, so far it seems we're only getting one episode this year to celebrate it. Doesn't seem like it's a big deal.
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Rory

Rory FTW

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 08:33:11 pm »

Things may seem bleak on the confirmation front at the moment but that doesn't have to mean we will be missing out. I'm going to wait until we have more confirmation. Fans have a habit of getting their knickers in a twist without having all the facts and there is a chance that is happening here. If what we know so far is confirmed to be all we are getting then I would say they haven't done as much as they could, but for now I'm not worrying too much.
Report Spam   Logged

Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask someone why they're white!
Sparky
Earthling
Favourite Doctor: Nine
Favourite Companion: Rose

View Profile
100 Posts 50 Posts Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 02:56:52 am »

I really don't believe that what is posted in the OP is all we will be getting this year. Nothing official has been announced and I am certain there is more to come.
Report Spam   Logged
Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 12:51:18 pm »

Things may seem bleak on the confirmation front at the moment but that doesn't have to mean we will be missing out. I'm going to wait until we have more confirmation. Fans have a habit of getting their knickers in a twist without having all the facts and there is a chance that is happening here. If what we know so far is confirmed to be all we are getting then I would say they haven't done as much as they could, but for now I'm not worrying too much.

I'm with this
Report Spam   Logged

Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Companion: River

Formally River Song

View Profile
Level 6 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 01:31:18 pm »

Based on what we know I would say no, they are not doing enough to celebrate. That could change with later announcements though.
Report Spam   Logged

The Cyber Mistress
Earthling
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Level 4 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 03:53:54 pm »

I've gone with option three. I'm certain that there's more that we aren't aware of yet.
Report Spam   Logged
The Cyber Mistress
Earthling
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Level 4 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 03:57:25 pm »

Actually, the more I think on it the more sure I am. In fact, it makes sense that we know hardly anything. We are big fans. That's why we hang around forums talking about the show. 99% of the audience doesn't do that. Moff needs to promote the 50th and to us it seems like nothing is happening, but to average Joe Public they probably aren't that bothered about whats happening in ten months. It makes more sense for the BBC to stay a bit quiet for now and to get the audience through the rest of the season first. At the end of the day these are still new, important episodes. Focusing everything on the 50th would put these 8 upcoming episodes into the shade and why would Moff want to do that? I bet once they are done the real promo for the 50th will get underway.
Report Spam   Logged
CollieMonster
Easily Exterminated

Jelly baby?

View Profile WWW
50 Posts Search 10 Posts
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 05:29:48 pm »

Cyber Mistress, you make sense. I bet you're right. I hope you're right Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Lis (Mouse)

The Eclectic Collie
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: