The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 01:34:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out all the spoilers from Series 7 in our dedicated spoiler section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

The Doctor Who Experience

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Doctor Who Experience  (Read 5169 times)
RedHairedGrrlGeek
Hatchling

Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: River Song

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Topic Starter Level 1 10 Posts
« Reply #100 on: September 02, 2011, 12:24:11 pm »

I went last Sunday!  And, no spoilers, but it was huge fun.  Most people were taking their kids, but nobody batted an eyelid at a couple of old geeks like hubby and me.  I would say kids of age 5-10 or so would love it...some of the very young kids were getting a little bit over scared, though.

Piece of advice for those thinking of going: Kensington Olympia Tube is off down a little branch line, and trains between there and Earls Court aren't as frequent as on the main District line, so check your times to get there within the half-hour slot on your ticket.  There's also not much in the way of eating places locally, so you might want to sort that elsewhere in town.

Another thing...they had leaflets for a 'Design your own monster' competition, and they said the winner would have a model of their monster made and displayed at DWE from next February.  As the Olympia one winds up in November, I'm guessing this means it may be going on tour in future, so those of you who can't get to London should perhaps keep your eyes peeled for future locations...
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: