The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 25, 2018, 11:13:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow our Facebook group, or check out the Doctor Who News site by hitting the links below

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

New Eleventh Doctor Novels Announced.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Eleventh Doctor Novels Announced.  (Read 81 times)
Mr Chinn
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: McCoy and Smith
Favourite Companion: Jo, Romana I, Ace & Donna

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: February 06, 2013, 12:18:10 am »

The first book is called Shroud of Sorrow by new writer Tommy Donbavand.

23rd November, 1963. It is the day after John F. Kennedy’s assassination – and the faces of the dead are everywhere. PC Reg Cranfield sees his late father in the mists along Totter’s Lane. Reporter Mae Callon sees her grandmother in a coffee stain on her desk. FBI Special Agent Warren Skeet finds his long-dead partner staring back at him from raindrops on a window pane.

Then the faces begin to talk, and scream… and push through into our world. As the alien Shroud begins to feast on the grief of a world in mourning, can the Doctor dig deep enough into his own sorrow to save mankind?

The Second Book is The Dalek Generation and is by Nicholas Briggs.

Sunlight 349 is one of countless Dalek Foundation worlds, planets created to house billions suffering from economic hardship. The Doctor arrives at Sunlight 349, suspicious of any world where the Daleks are apparently a force for good – and determined to find out the truth. The Doctor knows they have a far more sinister plan – but how can he convince those who have lived under the benevolence of the Daleks for a generation?

But convince them he must, and soon. For on another Foundation planet, archaeologists have unearthed the most dangerous technology in the universe…

The third book is called Plague of the Cybermen by Justin Richards.

When the Doctor arrives in the 19th-century village of Klimtenburg, he discovers the residents suffering from some kind of plague – a ‘wasting disease’. The victims face a horrible death – but what’s worse, the dead seem to be leaving their graves. The Plague Warriors have returned…
The Doctor is confident he knows what’s really happening; he understands where the dead go, and he’s sure the Plague Warriors are just a myth. But as some of the Doctor’s oldest and most terrible enemies start to awaken he realises that maybe – just maybe – he’s misjudged the situation.

They are £6.99 each and available from April 11th
Report Spam   Logged

LaMoonstar
Easily Exterminated
Favourite Doctor: 4th 11th
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 06:53:15 am »

Wow, those all sound interesting, I can't wait for them to come out!

Thanks for sharing this information!
Report Spam   Logged

hannahcole93
Global Moderator
Master Of Galaxies
Favourite Doctor: 11 & 5
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond & Nyssa

"Fish fingers and custard..."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 07:23:33 am »

I've been waiting for more of these in this line of books to come out! Smiley can't wait for them Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"All of time and space; everything that ever happened or ever will…Where do you want to start?"
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 02:29:47 pm »

Another three have been announced for release, but no dates are given yet.
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

hannahcole93
Global Moderator
Master Of Galaxies
Favourite Doctor: 11 & 5
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond & Nyssa

"Fish fingers and custard..."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 09:52:57 am »

I've pretty much finished Shroud of Sorrow now (have 2 chapters left). And have to say that the chapter I read last night was absolutely brilliant. I'll put it in spoiler tags but it seemed so appropriate with the 50th Anniversary year:

[spoiler] The author takes us through flashbacks of the Doctor's life where he says goodbye to lots of the companions, (Susan, Jo, Sarah Jane, Adric, Peri, Captain Jack, Amy and Rory, Astrid, etc. but it was absolutely brilliant. [/spoiler]

I would thoroughly recommend picking this one up if you haven't already! Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"All of time and space; everything that ever happened or ever will…Where do you want to start?"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: