The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 09:20:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out all the spoilers from Series 7 in our dedicated spoiler section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

RPs?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RPs?  (Read 834 times)
ciaramil
Hatchling

Favourite Doctor: Ten
Favourite Companion: Rose Tyler

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Poll Voter Level 3 Webmaster
« on: December 12, 2010, 03:04:39 pm »

How about having a board for RPs where people can create their own Dr Who characters and then RP with other members through the forum? Just an idea cos I've seen it on other forums and it works quite well from what I've seen..
Report Spam   Logged

"Even if I change it still feels like dying. Everything I am dies. Some new man goes sauntering away... And I'm dead." ~ Tenth Doctor (End of Time)
mel42
RP Moderator
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: Ten, Eleven
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond, Sarah Jane Smith (favorite Whoniverse characters) and supporter of Gwen Cooper

View Profile
Level 5 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 05:56:38 pm »

Sure! I could be a RP moderator; I've been RPing on Twitter for two years now in Torchwood RPs, mainly as Gwen, though I have other in universe characters too. I started both of the Torchwood groups I'm in and we have many players on Twitter.  I just ordered some D&D books to help me think of more storylines. I hear some RPers mention forum roleplay but I haven't tried it yet; I have RP accounts on Twitter, LiveJournal and Formspring.

(Of course, it is up to the moderators here about where they would want to have the RP, but that's a good idea.)  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"Have you never seen something so mad, so ... extraordinary, that, just for one second, you think that there might be more out there?"

(Gwen Cooper, Torchwood)
MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 10
Favourite Companion: Donna

View Profile
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 09:07:41 pm »

Sounds intriguing. Leave it with us and we'll look into the ins and outs and get back to you Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Jane Smith: No.The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship. Everything has its time. And everything ends.
mel42
RP Moderator
Tin Dog
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond, Sarah Jane Smith (favorite Whoniverse characters) and supporter of Gwen Cooper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 12:11:12 am »

Cool!  People would probably want to make another account if they wanted to be a fictional character, and have a separate area where stories could go on.
Report Spam   Logged

"Have you never seen something so mad, so ... extraordinary, that, just for one second, you think that there might be more out there?"

(Gwen Cooper, Torchwood)
Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: River

Formally River Song

View Profile
Level 6 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 05:12:10 pm »

Would it work on a forum? I thought it was supposed to be in real time, which is why Twitter has so much of it. I dont play personally, but its sometimes fun to read so it could be cool
Report Spam   Logged

mel42
RP Moderator
Tin Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 09:57:51 pm »

Many RPs are on forums, LiveJournal or play by email where the action takes place over several days depending on when people can respond.  Sometimes the Twitter RPs can have a scene going on that isn't in real time because of different timezones where the RPers are, but other times the players chat when they're all online at the same time.  So, on a forum they could have multiple scenes going on in separate threads depending on who's available.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

(Gwen Cooper, Torchwood)
Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2010, 11:30:22 am »

This could be cool. Ive read a lot of RP stuff for DW and some other shows and although I dont think I could keep up with being a character they are often fun to read
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 03:59:27 pm »

Hi guys, Sorry for taking so long to get back to you about this. There are a few pro's and con's about doing something like this and it has been discussed by the moderating team about whether or not it is feasable. There would need to be a fair ammount of rules in place but I am willing to give it a trial shot and see if it works. It would need to be closely regulated and watched over too, so give me a few hours to sort some things out and we will see about getting it up and running Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

ciaramil
Hatchling

Favourite Doctor: Ten
Favourite Companion: Rose Tyler

View Profile WWW
Poll Voter Level 3 Webmaster
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 02:57:45 am »

Awesome guys!! Thanks Smiley It helps when it's on a forum because then more people are able to RP even if they aren't online at the times when other people aren't...
Report Spam   Logged

"Even if I change it still feels like dying. Everything I am dies. Some new man goes sauntering away... And I'm dead." ~ Tenth Doctor (End of Time)
scifinerd7272
Hatchling

Favourite Doctor: 10th
Favourite Companion: donna

View Profile
Level 1 First Post Search
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 08:41:02 pm »

ya i would love to make my own character up because when i rp as ex: the doctor or rose it just feels weird like im stealing their part i dunno i just really like that idea  Afro
Report Spam   Logged
mel42
RP Moderator
Tin Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2013, 04:37:28 am »

I've RPed as canon characters or original characters.

I had trouble getting into the site for a while, since the links weren't working besides the main page. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

(Gwen Cooper, Torchwood)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: