The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 20, 2024, 06:48:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in the Classic Episode Battles in The Invasion of Time

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Doctor Who Live: The 12th Doctor

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Doctor Who Live: The 12th Doctor  (Read 430 times)
Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« on: August 07, 2013, 02:02:10 pm »

Who watched? What were your thoughts when the announcement came?
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
Tardis-Console
Timelord

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 02:06:01 pm »

I think that this show should have ran for an hour. The guests seemed very random and last minute, too, which I didn't like. They should have had more people from the cast over the years actually in the studio, but instead we only got two, and PD never seems happy to be connected with the show so I'm assuming it was the cheque that got him in his seat (very negative assumption, I know, but it's just a vibe I always get from him). It was good to see the cast and crew in the cutaways, but I was shocked that not even Moff was there on the night.

The actual reveal was great, and Capaldi's 1st Doctor impression actually made me clap, but I wish they'd have left more room for more of an interview with him. I'd have also liked to have seen him interact with Jenna-Louise, just so I could get some sort of indication of how they might be together.
Report Spam   Logged

TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
hannahcole93
Global Moderator
Master Of Galaxies
Favourite Doctor: 11 & 5
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond & Nyssa

"Fish fingers and custard..."

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary 10000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 03:33:49 pm »

I think the same on that. For such a big "event" I think more of the cast should have been there, e.g Matt & Jenna. I honestly thought the Moff was going to be there to announce it and was s surprised when he wasn't.

I didn't recognise half the "guests" apart from Wilf and 5th Doc, and agreed those who they had seemed very very random! Also the choice of host? Couldn't they have found someone who is more connected with the show for it?

Your comment about Peter Davidson, I personally wouldn't agree with. He was at the Dr Who prom too and he seemed very very very happy to be there, and if he didn't want to be on it very much anymore then it would surprise me as they're always bringing out new 5th Doctor audios.

Definitely agree that the show seemed very rushed and random. Was a bit of a let down in my opinion. It should have been longer and had more ex Who guests.
Report Spam   Logged

"All of time and space; everything that ever happened or ever will…Where do you want to start?"
Tardis-Console
Timelord

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 03:55:11 pm »

Well the audios are work. I think he pretty much always puts in a good performance, but again it's something he is being paid to turn up and do.

The main reason I have this impression of him is because of how he comes across in interviews and especially on the audio DVD commentaries. He slates everything about the show, talks about his time and fellow cast members with disdain and seems to generally dislike his association with the show and seems ungrateful of the platform and continued work that it brings him. When you compare his comments to that of other Doctors, he just seems embarrassed and not very thankful, which comes off as a bit sour to me. And when he and Janet Fielding go off on one together it often becomes horrible to listen to. They sit there like a pair of school bullies picking on everything. I just think he could be a bit more humble and gracious about it all. I was getting the same cringy feeling when Zoe Ball was interviewing him on Sunday.
Report Spam   Logged

Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Jon Pertwee
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 5000 Posts Second year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 11:47:31 pm »

I agree the show came over as just having been slung together, but I forgot all about that once the announcement came.
Report Spam   Logged

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 01:29:30 pm »

Very disorganised and the guests seemed too random. I only found out about it about 3 days before so I think it may have been a last minute thing. Did good in the overnights though. 6.2m I think and won the night.
Report Spam   Logged

Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Jon Pertwee
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 5000 Posts Second year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 10:55:26 pm »

Yes, it was about 3 days before that it was announced, and it hadn't been in the listings before then.
Report Spam   Logged

Iceman
Global Moderator
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: The Doctor
Favourite Companion: Captain Jack Harkness

Hey, it's me!

View Profile WWW
Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 10:58:20 pm »

It was last minute. Originally they had announced Tom Baker and Peter Davison were going to be on some sort of "panel" to give the new Doc advice.

Then it was Peter Davison and Colin Baker.

And then it changed again to what it was.

Still, the ratings were high, so they got what they wanted.
Report Spam   Logged

Twitter: http://twitter.com/Iceman525

What a bunch of a-holes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: