The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 12:18:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow our Facebook group, or check out the Doctor Who News site by hitting the links below

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Third Doctor DVD - The Mind of Evil

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Third Doctor DVD - The Mind of Evil  (Read 174 times)
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« on: August 09, 2013, 04:03:57 pm »

Professor Keller has created a machine that can pacify even the most dangerous of criminals.

But when the Doctor and Jo arrive at Stangmoor Prison for a demonstration, things start to go horribly wrong – especially when they discover that the Doctor’s old enemy the Master is responsible for the machine.

What could he possibly want from the criminals?

And what connects him with an impending World Peace Conference?

Starring Jon Pertwee as the Third Doctor, The Mind of Evil will be released, restored to full colour, on DVD in June 2013.

Previously released on VHS in black and white, after the colour masters of the story were junked, this DVD release sees all the episodes fully restored and re-mastered.

Disc 1 contents

6 x 25 mins approx colour episodes with mono audio.
    Commentary – stereo. With actors Katy Manning, Pik-Sen Lim and Fernanda Marlowe, director Timothy Combe, producer Barry Letts, script editor Terrance Dicks and stunt arranger Derek Ware. Moderated by Toby Hadoke.
    Programme subtitles.
    Subtitle Production Notes.

Disc 2 contents

The Military Mind (dur. 22’ 43”) – shot back in 2009 on location at Dover Castle, this look at the making of the story is made unexpectedly poignant by the appearance of Nicholas Courtney and Barry Letts, who both passed away in the intervening years. Featuring actors Nicholas Courtney, Pik-Sen Lim and Fernanda Marlow, director Timothy Combe, producer Barry Letts and script editor Terrance Dicks. Narrated by Cameron McEwan.
    Now & Then (dur. 7’ 06”) – the latest in our long-running series visits the filming locations used in the story to see how they have changed over the years.
    Behind the Scenes: Television Centre (dur. 24’ 00”) – back in 1971, at around the time The Mind of Evil was in production, presenter Norman Tozer visited Television Centre to find out what went on over 24 hours in the life of what was then an incredibly busy ‘television factory’.
    Photo Gallery – production, design and publicity photos from the story.
    Coming Soon – a trailer for a forthcoming DVD release
    Radio Times Listings and the 1971 Kellogs Sugar Smacks promotion in PDF format.

This is out now priced at £13.99
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 09:24:47 pm »

Until I got this I'd only seen it as a black and white version and I have to say they've done a fantastic job on restoring it back to colour. I paid £19.99 for it though. Should have shopped around Sad
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 11:22:38 pm »

I've got it but I haven't watched yet. Three is my favourite but I have loads to get through first
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: