The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 09:33:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in the Classic Episode Battles in The Invasion of Time

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Dislike for River Song

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dislike for River Song  (Read 2688 times)
Digallifreya
Telly Addict
Hatchling

Favourite Doctor: Ten!
Favourite Companion: Martha

Doctor Who RPer & incurable romantic, animal lover

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Level 3 Webmaster Second year Anniversary
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2010, 09:11:38 am »

I think part of the problem is the audience was expected to accept - okay, we've had so many years of coming to terms with this all powerful alien 'man' who can do all these incredible things, but in five minutes we are supposed to accept that he fell completely for this woman in the future, and okay now she knows just as much and even more than he does. She can fly the TARDIS (and no one can do that), she knows his real name etc etc.
There was no slow build, no foreshadowing. She just came out of nowhere. Rose and Donna and Martha built up their characters and became matches for the doctor after a long time, and lots of character building for both them and the audience.
This woman comes in and it's like, "Well, you just have to accept that she's a special snowflake."
No thanks.
And P.S.  stop saying Spoilers. It's not cute.

Agreed, agreed, agreed.... with EVERYTHING!

Yes, that 'spoilers' catchphrase is beyond annoying...

AND may I add.... Lots of River lovers seem to think that the only people who hate her are 'women in love with 10th'

WRONG again! First of all, yes, I love ten but he wasn't even romantically involved with her, if anything it would have been Eleven or some other regen and believe me... she can keep eleven for all I care, no skin off my nose, Why would I be jealous?

Second of all, as I said before, there have been other flirty and MUCH more attractive women with the Doctor & I have NO problem with them...

Lady Christina being one of them.... MUCH hotter than River, snogged Ten, yet I have no problem with her... or even Pompadour, although I know some didn't like that episode, she was loads more attractive than RS and Ten adored her...

How come I'm not jealous of them then?

Because I don't find their chars annoying, they weren't trying to upstage the Doctor & didn't have ridiculous catchphrases...

So that theory about 'women hating River because they are jealous of her with Ten?' Give me a break!

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: