The Doctor In The TARDIS
January 21, 2021, 02:42:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in the Classic Episode Battles in The Invasion of Time

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Does Moffat have the shows best interests at heart?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Moffat have the shows best interests at heart?  (Read 171 times)
Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 4/6/7
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

He is also vain, ego-centric and quite mad

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: October 15, 2010, 09:53:36 pm »

Short answer - yes Cheesy

Slightly longer answer - fans will always prefer one style over another and some like to think of their opinion as fact Wink

Can't really argue with that - Moff is a total fan of the show and this is his dream gig. He is facing the unenviable task of following (arguably) the most talented TV writer doing the circuit (RTD) and one of the most popular Doctors of all time (DT). In essence he has to rebuild the show in his own image (not forgetting that these are more financially troubling times).

The problem is, in order to rebuild the show and keep it mainstream and 7pm family viewing, he has had to eschew the more 'serious' fans - such as us. All of this can give the impression that he doesn't care but I am certain that he does. More than that, I trust him to keep the show as the high quality, top line science fiction that we have come to expect. I hope (and have a high degree of confidence) that season 6 will see everyone really hit their straps and blow us all away.

Roranicus, I understand your worries - but I don't share them. All will be well my friend Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: