The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 05:11:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in for the NuWho Episode Tournament in The Greatest Show In The Galaxy

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Once Upon A Time In Wonderland

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Once Upon A Time In Wonderland  (Read 231 times)
Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« on: August 20, 2013, 11:58:18 am »

I've put this on because we already have a OUAT thread and I was wondering if anyone else is planning on tuning in?

I've seen a trailer and read some interesting things about it and I think it is going to be great. I like that they've now opened it up to the possibility of becoming a long running series instead of just the one off as originally planned. Shows the network has faith in it. That's a good sign.
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 12:03:08 pm »

I'll watch it if someone picks it up over here - I'd expect it to Channel 5 as they have OUAT but I guess that is no guarantee.
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
Tardis-Console
Timelord

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 12:06:39 pm »

It would make sense to have it on the same channel, but a lot of spinoffs end up elsewhere so I don't know if that's a cert. We have it on 5 here, but that's not a popular channel in Ireland so I don't know if it rates well.
Report Spam   Logged

TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 12:09:42 pm »

I'm honestly expecting Sky to pitch for it if the ratings are good for OUAT - I wouldn't be surprised if they are also trying to get that from Channel 5 if they are. That seems to happen quite a lot. As long as they don't stick it on Atlantic if they do then I'm grand  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
Tardis-Console
Timelord

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 12:12:34 pm »

Yeah, they seem to have a habit of snatching up shows that have done well elsewhere. It's like they are testing the water. They did it with Buffy and Lost and Glee and probably countless others, so it wouldn't surprise me to see it go to Sky1
Report Spam   Logged

Joshua
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Donna

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 2500 Posts Super Poster 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 02:49:46 am »

I'll be watching, but I think I'd prefer it stick to a one-off series so that they can keep the story concise and interesting. S2 OUAT definitely showed that the writers aren't great at coming up with fresh ideas for other seasons.
Report Spam   Logged

TV Addict|Lost|Grey's Anatomy|Parks & Rec|Game of Thrones|Community|Cougar Town|Doctor Who|Member of the Month Nov 2011
Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 08:35:35 am »

I will definitely be watching. The trailer is awesome, but some of the characters (well, one in particular) seem a bit random, but I will wait to see how that plays out. I think they will do a good job with the writing because they don't have to deal with dual characters or flipping between lands, they can just tell a story. I think it will do well.
Report Spam   Logged

Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Companion: River

Formally River Song

View Profile
Level 6 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 09:12:09 am »

I can't wait for this one. The trailer was awesome and the little clips I have seen look really good. Whether it should go longer than a season I'm not sure yet. They seem to have the season mapped out and that means the overall story should be stronger. Adding more and more means they'll just have to start making it up as they go along and that could make it weaker.
Report Spam   Logged

Joshua
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Donna

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 2500 Posts Super Poster 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2013, 01:55:46 pm »

I can't wait for this one. The trailer was awesome and the little clips I have seen look really good. Whether it should go longer than a season I'm not sure yet. They seem to have the season mapped out and that means the overall story should be stronger. Adding more and more means they'll just have to start making it up as they go along and that could make it weaker.

Agreed with that last statement, I think that's what hurt S2 for me. "We've made Regina the big bad, how do we now redeem her but still make her a bit evil... and make that last a whole season".

I'm excited to see another Lost alumni here (Naveen Andrews (Sayid in Lost) as Jafar) but I hope they treat him better than they did Jorge Garcia (Hurley in Lost) who plays Tiny... is that his name? The giant who Cora shrunk? Bleugh Undecided The last said about his episode the better. Oh Jorge you're so much better than that
Report Spam   Logged

TV Addict|Lost|Grey's Anatomy|Parks & Rec|Game of Thrones|Community|Cougar Town|Doctor Who|Member of the Month Nov 2011
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2013, 08:32:14 am »

Well ABC have already ordered more than the original 13 episodes now, so while it may not be a full 22 ep run, it will definitely be extended beyond the original story. It's also been moved forward from mid season, so I'd imagine they are going to try and make something more out of it than was first planned.
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 09:07:41 am »

Well putting it on at mid-season was a daft idea anyway. The whole reason they take all the shows off then is because the ratings drop and they fill everything with Thanksgiving/Christmas stuff. Moving it forward makes sense to me.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: