The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 05:30:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join The Infinite Quest - This Week's Story: Black Orchid

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Spoilery discussion for 2013 Christmas ep

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spoilery discussion for 2013 Christmas ep  (Read 791 times)
Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: River

Formally River Song

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2013, 02:04:37 pm »

It's taking ages for the photos from the set to upload so I figured I'd just put down what I saw now instead of after. I'm putting it in here incase it's a bit spoilery.

When I got there they were doing a run through of Jenna running out of the flats and towards Matt. Lots of people were commenting on how young she looked, but I'm not sure if they meant generally or had been made to look young. Her hair was different though. she had bangs and it was wavy and curly rather than straight. Sort of like the hair she had in Rings in the scene at her mums grave. I'd guess that this is going to be where she lives in the story. While they are going through this scene, someone is over putting some Christmas presents around the TARDIS.

After doing that, the presents are cleared away and Matt and Jenna went into the TARDIS. The camera people were about 10-15 metres away and they were doing some sort of long shot. Jenna walks out, sort of in a bouncy strut, and Matt follows a few feet behind, sonicing the air as he goes. The stop at the cameramen and talk to each other, but I couldn't make out what. Jenna smiles a big smile and throws her arms around him. Once the hug is over they walk off camera towards her flat, as though she is leading him in. They do this about ten times and then break for lunch.

During this time I got speaking to a guy (I won't say his name in case he told me stuff he shouldn't have) who was like some sort of security guard. He was saying that they expected to be there until dark and they were trying to film all the scenes for the flat today, so the stuff I was seeing would be dotted around the episode. He said that tomorrow they were going to brecon to film for the day. They will be using an army base up there to get some shots and using the 'open space', which I'm assuming means the miles of moors there. He then said, the best part, that he 'can't wait until they start shooting the Cybermen stuff', which confirms that they will be the big bad of the episode, and most likely will cause the Doctor to regenerate. I wanted to push for more but didn't want to overdo it and he already seemed a bit like he had said too much. I did ask though if they were in this episode and he said they were. Pretty soon after that he got called to help them go move stuff.

The cameras and stuff were all moved around during this time. The TARDIS stayed in the same place but it now had tracks leading up to it and beyond and another set of tracks were set up going along the field, but away from the action. A woman dressed in 80's gear came walking along the field and then stood in one of the tents reading through a script, which managed to get blown around the field. Honestly, the speed with which the production people moved to get those pages was something else! I'd have loved to have gotten a peak. She didn't seem to do anything else while I was there so I'm not certain what her role is.

When they got back to filming, they did a retake of the earlier scene but with the cameras set up differently. This time they rolled alongside the TARDIS, catching them coming out of it and getting long shots of them hugging, so this time from about 10 meters away instead of right in front of the camera. This time when they walked off they had to go further and closer to the buildings.

After that, they brought out a fake TARDIS front. It could open like the TARDIS, but was essentially just the frame. They propped this up with wood and then kept pushing it, but I don't know why. I didn't seem them using it until I was leaving, when they set up a black tent behind it. Maybe it's to get easier in/out scenes, or something?

Matt and Jenna then disappeared and when they came back Jenna was carrying a huge turkey. It was like half the size of her. They walked over towards the flats to begin the scene there and walk towards the ship. The turkey was raw and covered in cling film, but Jenna was wearing gloves to hold it. It was on a tray, too. They repeated a scene of her bounding along carrying it and smiling towards the TARDIS. Matt was sat on the grass, but I couldn't tell if he was in shot, or just sitting down and shouting his lines off camera. He was saying 'You can't keep using the TARDIS like this', but Jenna kept smiling and walking.

It was at this point that I left. That was like 2 and half hours worth. I'm going to go back down in a bit and see what else is happening, but that's all I've got for now.

Report Spam   Logged

Mr Chinn
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: McCoy and Smith
Favourite Companion: Jo, Romana I, Ace & Donna

View Profile
500 Posts Signature Level 4
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2013, 07:50:59 pm »

CYBERMEN!!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Awesome updates mate. Cheers!
Report Spam   Logged

Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2013, 01:53:59 pm »

That's cool. Bit of insider information there. Love that we've got a spoiler about the baddies, too!
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2013, 10:35:38 am »

God I'm so excited now!! I love when we start getting updates and spoilers through. Plus it's amazing to have a man on the ground, feeding us the info as it happens.

I think it's fitting to have the Cybermen cause the regen, assuming they do. They caused the first one and so 50 years later to have them causing the latest is a nice tie in I think.
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Jon Pertwee
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 5000 Posts Second year Anniversary
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2013, 04:22:54 pm »

I think it's fitting to have the Cybermen cause the regen, assuming they do. They caused the first one and so 50 years later to have them causing the latest is a nice tie in I think.

I hadn't thought of that.  They also caused the fake "regeneration" into Jackson Lake.
Report Spam   Logged

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2013, 09:36:48 am »

Orla Brady is going to be in this.
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2013, 05:45:23 pm »

I've never seen her in anything and I hadn't actually heard of her, but I looked her up and she seems to have done a lot.
Report Spam   Logged

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2013, 12:43:46 am »

I've seen her in a few things. She's good.

I actually popped in to say we have a title - The Time of the Doctor.
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2013, 10:19:19 am »

We also have a pic & a synopsis:

Orbiting a quiet backwater planet, the massed forces of the universe’s deadliest species gather, drawn to a mysterious message that echoes out to the stars - and amongst them, the Doctor.

Rescuing Clara from a family Christmas dinner, the Time Lord and his best friend must learn what this enigmatic signal means for his own fate and that of the universe.
Report Spam   Logged

hannahcole93
Global Moderator
Master Of Galaxies
Favourite Doctor: 11 & 5
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond & Nyssa

"Fish fingers and custard..."

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary 10000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2013, 11:38:10 am »

Sounds exciting Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

"All of time and space; everything that ever happened or ever will…Where do you want to start?"
Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2013, 05:53:45 pm »

Judging from the trailer, I assume the planet's Trenzalore.  Looks good.
Report Spam   Logged

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2013, 04:05:48 pm »

The episode is 1 hour long & will be on Christmas Day at 7.30pm.
Report Spam   Logged

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2013, 05:44:25 pm »

I'll pop this is in here til someone (probably me, but I live in hope!) sets up a special section for The Time Of The Doctor:

Report Spam   Logged

Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2013, 11:42:45 pm »

Looks great.  At first glance, I thought that looked like a Raston Robot in the background, but looking closer I think it's a rather indistinct Silence.  I suppose they would be there, if this is the showdown on Trenzalore.
Report Spam   Logged

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2013, 07:15:10 pm »

The BBC have a new gallery of pics from the ep here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/galleries/p01mzt54
Report Spam   Logged

Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2013, 11:41:31 am »

Looks like Orla Brady might have something to do with Colonel Runaway's army  Cool

The Doctor's cloak looks cool.  I love a cloak.
Report Spam   Logged

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2013, 01:56:30 pm »

Looks like Orla Brady might have something to do with Colonel Runaway's army  Cool

That's what I thought too.
Report Spam   Logged

Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2013, 09:19:04 am »

It's logical, seeing that this episode is connected with Trenzalore, and the army was trying to prevent the Question being asked there.  It seemed to be asked and circumvented in TNOTD, but maybe that was a red herring.
Report Spam   Logged

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2013, 10:49:05 am »

Here's the first trailer for the episode:

Report Spam   Logged

Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2013, 11:18:52 pm »

Interesting.  I wonder who it was Clara was talking to when she said "Help him change the future."
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: