The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 06:51:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow our Facebook group, or check out the Doctor Who News site by hitting the links below

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Spoilery discussion for 2013 Christmas ep

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spoilery discussion for 2013 Christmas ep  (Read 793 times)
Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« on: August 21, 2013, 11:31:16 am »

I don't know where to put this because we don't seem to have anything that covers christmas, so feel free to move it.

I've just read from someone who claims to be 'in the know' (don't they all?) that the Ponds are coming back for a brief scene at Christmas.
Report Spam   Logged

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 11:36:24 am »

The title pretty much covers it I think.

Most obvious news so far is that it will be Matt Smith's last episode & at some point during it he will regenerate into Peter Capaldi.

EDIT: Ex's post is at the top because he posted it in another thread before I started this one off.
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 11:41:59 am »

We have a Christmas thread now  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 11:50:42 am »

Oh awesome. Should get plenty in here too, seeing as how they haven't filmed it yet.
Report Spam   Logged

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 11:54:24 am »

I don't know where to put this because we don't seem to have anything that covers christmas, so feel free to move it.

I've just read from someone who claims to be 'in the know' (don't they all?) that the Ponds are coming back for a brief scene at Christmas.

Is it wrong that I'm thinking 'I really hope that's not true' about that? They made a big thing about them being gone never to return that this seems ... annoying (my opinion). Rose's return irritated me too after her big send off.
Report Spam   Logged

The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 12:08:12 pm »

I wouldn't want to see them again, personally. I think their story is done and the 'companion get together' has been done with Ten.

However, Matt and Karen would look funny together on screen now they both have shaved heads Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Jon Pertwee
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 5000 Posts Second year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 12:15:34 pm »

Is it wrong that I'm thinking 'I really hope that's not true' about that? They made a big thing about them being gone never to return that this seems ... annoying (my opinion). Rose's return irritated me too after her big send off.

I agree.  It was such a great ending that it would cheapen it to give them a cameo so soon after.
Report Spam   Logged

Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Companion: River

Formally River Song

View Profile
Level 6 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 12:06:27 pm »

I don't want them back. We've only just got rid of them. There's just no need. I liked when the Doctor dropped companions off and never mentioned them again instead of all these 'totes emosh' reunions!
Report Spam   Logged

Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Formally River Song

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2013, 12:16:35 pm »

A quote from Moff in this months DWM is doing the rounds at a few places. I saw it at Doctor Who TV.

“One of the horrors of regeneration is that a certain amount of his persona alters entirely. His appetites and his enthusiasms will change. And that’s sort of what I’m writing about now in Matt’s last episode, the fact that he’s terribly aware that he’s about to be rewritten. And it’s frightening.”
Report Spam   Logged

Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2013, 12:52:34 pm »

I don't want them back. We've only just got rid of them. There's just no need. I liked when the Doctor dropped companions off and never mentioned them again instead of all these 'totes emosh' reunions!

They weren't always completely forgotten - there were nice little references, sometimes, like the scene in The Time Meddler where the Doctor's wishing Barbara were there to remind him of the history.  That just gives a nice sense of continuity, but without the constant coming back we've had lately.
Report Spam   Logged

Mr Chinn
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: McCoy and Smith
Favourite Companion: Jo, Romana I, Ace & Donna

View Profile
500 Posts Signature Level 4
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2013, 10:57:35 am »

I don't think they will be back. It's too much like treading old ground. There might be a mention but I don't think we will see them
Report Spam   Logged

Sparky
Earthling
Favourite Doctor: Nine
Favourite Companion: Rose

View Profile
100 Posts 50 Posts Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2013, 11:38:20 am »

A quote from Moff in this months DWM is doing the rounds at a few places. I saw it at Doctor Who TV.

“One of the horrors of regeneration is that a certain amount of his persona alters entirely. His appetites and his enthusiasms will change. And that’s sort of what I’m writing about now in Matt’s last episode, the fact that he’s terribly aware that he’s about to be rewritten. And it’s frightening.”

I really hope we don't get another one of those 'I don't want to go' regenerations. I found that really offputting.
Report Spam   Logged
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2013, 12:43:49 pm »

I really hope we don't get another one of those 'I don't want to go' regenerations. I found that really offputting.

Me too.
Report Spam   Logged

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2013, 09:54:37 am »

Apparently this ep is due to start filming on Sunday & Matt will be wearing a wig.
Report Spam   Logged

Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2013, 07:33:42 pm »

Apparently this ep is due to start filming on Sunday & Matt will be wearing a wig.

Maybe it'll be ginger  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Simone
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: Matt Smith/Tom Baker
Favourite Companion: Clara/Ace

View Profile
100 Posts Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2013, 04:37:34 pm »

Was there any word on where they will be filming?
Report Spam   Logged
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2013, 05:46:11 pm »

Didn't see anything. Will have a dig  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2013, 10:33:54 am »

We need to get Aneurin down there taking pictures if it is in Cardiff!
Report Spam   Logged

Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Formally River Song

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2013, 12:58:38 pm »

On the 9th they are going to be filming in Lydstep Flats for a few days. The reason I'm putting this here and in the filming thread is because it might be a potential spoiler. They've used these flats a lot in the past, but only for one location. Rose and Jackies flat on the Powell Estate. I suppose they could be doing pickups for the 50th because Rose is in that, but 6 days worth seems a lot.

Also, when I just popped down to Tesco there were filming signs pointing towards Bute Esplanade. I didn't have time to drive down to check it out, but that is where the Ponds home is, which could add to the rumours of their return. a pre-season 6 visit, maybe?
Report Spam   Logged

Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Rory

Rory FTW

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2013, 09:36:56 am »

There is a premier tomorrow for a film Capaldi has done and there is a little note at the bottom of the article below which says he won't be able to attend because of commitments to Doctor Who. Might be fair to assume that they are filming the regeneration tomorrow? Either that or maybe he is going to in the episode more than just for the regen, given the notes in the other thread about filming this week on the Powell Estate. I'd say it's probably one of those two anyway, because it's not likely that they would be doing anything for S8 yet.

http://www.hackneygazette.co.uk/news/hackney_director_watches_his_first_feature_hit_big_screen_1_2370659
Report Spam   Logged

Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask someone why they're white!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: