The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 19, 2024, 05:02:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Head over to 76 Totters Lane and check out all the latest merchandise

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Doctor Who At The NTA's

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Doctor Who At The NTA's  (Read 1193 times)
Sandiwich11
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: The Brig

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Third year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2011, 10:12:33 pm »

Hey Chris Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Rory

Rory FTW

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2011, 10:13:13 pm »

Only just got in from a shift so missed the awards. Shame that DW went home empty handed but I think it bears no reflection on the show and how good it is lately
Report Spam   Logged

Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask someone why they're white!
Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Rory

Rory FTW

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2011, 10:20:53 pm »

I don't know you, but hey Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask someone why they're white!
thefifthdoctor
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Fifth
Favourite Companion: Peri

View Profile
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2011, 10:38:28 pm »

Shame that DW went home empty handed but I think it bears no reflection on the show and how good it is lately

Hear, hear!!
Report Spam   Logged

Sandiwich11
Faithful Companion
Favourite Companion: The Brig

View Profile WWW
Level 5 Third year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2011, 10:38:42 pm »

How did I completely miss the Graham Norton joke the first time round...'What's that box doing on my screen?!' LMAO!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2011, 10:40:54 pm »

Haha I know. I didnt notice it until I saw Exterminate mention it in The Water Cooler
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

2cajuman2
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Christopher Ecclestone
Favourite Companion: Cpt Jack Harkness

Famous person? Favourite Cheese please?

View Profile WWW
Poll Voter Level 4 Webmaster
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2011, 11:05:03 pm »

Brilliant clip! Gutted about the results though =/
Report Spam   Logged

River Song: Everyone knows that everyone dies. And nobody knows it like the doctor. But I do think that all the skies in all the worlds might just turn dark, if he ever accepts it.

??Cheeses + rising!
TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2011, 11:16:06 pm »

That video is brilliant!!! They should have won for that alone Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
PandoricaPond
RP Moderator
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: Ten/Eleven
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond

View Profile WWW
Windows User Poll Voter Level 3
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2011, 09:52:21 am »

*Coughs* Last night, I totally flipped out on twitter. I'd like to put the calm version here. Basically, I'm gutted Smith and Cumberbatch (?) lost out to David Jason but he's a great actor so deserved it.

All I'll say on the WLR matter is... *Points to Sandiwich11s siggy* Tongue

I hear there's another siggy that I apparntly missed Sandi, is there anywhere I can see this other siggy people are talking about lol.
Report Spam   Logged

#Doctor: Amy was frightened. I was frightened. But we survived, you know, and the relief of it... And so she kissed me. #Rory: And you kissed her back. #Doctor: No, I kissed her mouth. #Rory: Funny.

#Companions; DOCTOR!!!

#Doctor: RUN!!!

#Doctor: Bowties are cool.

#Doctor: Fezzes are cool
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2011, 10:10:05 am »

This little quote comes from The Sun so feel free to take it with a pinch of salt:

David (Jason), who beat Sherlock star Benedict Cumberbatch & Matt Smith from Doctor Who, revealed he didn't even vote for himself.

The actor said: "I voted for Doctor Who! I didn't vote for me."

If this is true (and yeah I know all the reasons why it might not be, not least the source!) then, coming from such a well loved & respected actor, that's a great seal of approval for Matt  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
TheDoctorDonna
Timelord

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2011, 11:01:22 am »

One thing that's not cool about these things is when so called fans start bashing the show they apparantly love, for not winning. What I find even less cool though is the fans who instead of accepting it gracefully, start bashing the other shows/actors who were taking part. Combom have written a piece which seems to be getting a few peoples backs up where as well as bashing the other competitors, they also accuse the NTA of rigging it so that Doctor Who couldnt win. They don't explain why they would, just that they must have. Its ridiculous. Here is their argument:

Rigging the National Television Awards so Doctor Who & Sherlock Don't Win

Last night saw the farcical National Television Awards 2011, and what a joke they turned out to be, by putting two shows in the same category that will split the vote. If you ask most fans of Doctor who and Sherlock, they will happily admit to being fans of both, and that is where the problems arise, or as we call it, the NTA vote rigging,

Doctor Who would have beaten Waterloo Road under normal circumstances, and Sherlock was in with a very good chance too, but put them together in the same category, the vote is split and Waterloo Road wins. If you watch the video of the event, you see the Waterloo Road team are as surprised they won as we were, they even had no prepared speech!

However there is still the Who Cares Attitude, in 10 years time, which show will be remembered? Waterloo Where? As you have seen, its not hard to fix the results if you apply some thought!
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
TheDoctorDonna
Timelord

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2011, 11:01:58 am »

This little quote comes from The Sun so feel free to take it with a pinch of salt:

David (Jason), who beat Sherlock star Benedict Cumberbatch & Matt Smith from Doctor Who, revealed he didn't even vote for himself.

The actor said: "I voted for Doctor Who! I didn't vote for me."

If this is true (and yeah I know all the reasons why it might not be, not least the source!) then, coming from such a well loved & respected actor, that's a great seal of approval for Matt  Smiley

I agree. And I wouldnt be at all surprised if it were true Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Companion: River

Formally River Song

View Profile
Level 6 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2011, 11:56:07 am »

One thing that's not cool about these things is when so called fans start bashing the show they apparantly love, for not winning. What I find even less cool though is the fans who instead of accepting it gracefully, start bashing the other shows/actors who were taking part. Combom have written a piece which seems to be getting a few peoples backs up where as well as bashing the other competitors, they also accuse the NTA of rigging it so that Doctor Who couldnt win. They don't explain why they would, just that they must have. Its ridiculous. Here is their argument:

Last night saw the farcical National Television Awards 2011, and what a joke they turned out to be, by putting two shows in the same category that will split the vote. If you ask most fans of Doctor who and Sherlock, they will happily admit to being fans of both, and that is where the problems arise, or as we call it, the NTA vote rigging,

Doctor Who would have beaten Waterloo Road under normal circumstances, and Sherlock was in with a very good chance too, but put them together in the same category, the vote is split and Waterloo Road wins. If you watch the video of the event, you see the Waterloo Road team are as surprised they won as we were, they even had no prepared speech!

However there is still the Who Cares Attitude, in 10 years time, which show will be remembered? Waterloo Where? As you have seen, its not hard to fix the results if you apply some thought!

See, **** like this is so stupid. Its what makes fandom so annoying. Doctor Who is awesome, but its not invincible and can't always win. So many so called fans are now using this as a way to have a pop at the show with their 'Bring Back Tennant' **** and it's just stupid
Report Spam   Logged

PandoricaPond
RP Moderator
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: Ten/Eleven
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond

View Profile WWW
Windows User Poll Voter Level 3
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2011, 12:02:28 pm »

The people that are saying "if Tennant were still the Doctor..." frustrate me to no end. It's not about the actor, it's about the show. I better stop before a bit of the me from last night shines through and I dive into a rant about how WLR and David Jason are... I need to stop!
Report Spam   Logged

#Doctor: Amy was frightened. I was frightened. But we survived, you know, and the relief of it... And so she kissed me. #Rory: And you kissed her back. #Doctor: No, I kissed her mouth. #Rory: Funny.

#Companions; DOCTOR!!!

#Doctor: RUN!!!

#Doctor: Bowties are cool.

#Doctor: Fezzes are cool
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2011, 12:18:56 pm »

What they completely appear to overlooked is that there was a longer list at some point in the voting process & yes, someone chose to put both shows on that list (presumably because they are both fantastic (IMO) & highly rated shows), but there's no way they could've rigged it so both shows made the short list - that was voted by the public as well and the public deemed both good enough to progress. Yes I think it was the split vote that did for both shows & yes I freely admit that expressed shock about the result on Twitter last night but that's it - shock. No malice - I can't really judge Waterloo Road because I've never watched it - just doesn't appeal.

As for the whole 'this wouldn't have happened if RTD/DT were still around' thing - how can anyone possibly back up a claim like that? Wouldn't have stopped Sherlock being an amazing (again IMO) show would it? And therefore the split vote may well have still kicked in. We will never know.

Sorry I had enough of seeing that last night on Twitter - just needed to express my thoughts *deep breath* I love David Tennant - have done for much longer than I've been watching DW - but he's gone. And Matt Smith, for me, has done a more than admirable job since. That's all I need  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
Oh-Wise-One
Faithful Companion

View Profile
Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2011, 12:33:23 pm »

What they completely appear to overlooked is that there was a longer list at some point in the voting process & yes, someone chose to put both shows on that list (presumably because they are both fantastic (IMO) & highly rated shows), but there's no way they could've rigged it so both shows made the short list - that was voted by the public as well and the public deemed both good enough to progress. Yes I think it was the split vote that did for both shows & yes I freely admit that expressed shock about the result on Twitter last night but that's it - shock. No malice - I can't really judge Waterloo Road because I've never watched it - just doesn't appeal.

As for the whole 'this wouldn't have happened if RTD/DT were still around' thing - how can anyone possibly back up a claim like that? Wouldn't have stopped Sherlock being an amazing (again IMO) show would it? And therefore the split vote may well have still kicked in. We will never know.

Sorry I had enough of seeing that last night on Twitter - just needed to express my thoughts *deep breath* I love David Tennant - have done for much longer than I've been watching DW - but he's gone. And Matt Smith, for me, has done a more than admirable job since. That's all I need  Smiley

Well said!
Report Spam   Logged
Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Jon Pertwee
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 5000 Posts Second year Anniversary
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2011, 02:57:43 pm »

I didn't see the awards last night, and I don't think they really matter that much.  In any case, getting into the finals means it was considered one of the four best of the year.  Anyone who's been nominated for an Oscar flaunts it, even if they don't win.

Like poprockgeek, I've never seen Waterloo Road, apart from trailers.  It doesn't look great, but for all I know it could be brilliant.  And losing to David Jason is hardly a disgrace.  Incidentally, I've just been watching old footage of him from the 60s - in a forerunner of Python, no less.  He was brilliant then.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: