The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 19, 2024, 03:43:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out all the spoilers from Series 7 in our dedicated spoiler section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Poll: Rate and Review Pyramids of Mars

Poll
Question: Rate this story!
5/5 Absolutely Amazing - 3 (42.9%)
4/5 Really Good - 3 (42.9%)
3/5 Not Bad, Not Great - 1 (14.3%)
2/5 Not Impressed - 0 (0%)
1/5 Shockingly Bad - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll: Rate and Review Pyramids of Mars  (Read 2218 times)
Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Jon Pertwee
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary 5000 Posts Second year Anniversary
« on: September 14, 2013, 05:48:10 pm »

Just about give it a 5.
Exactly what was the missile supposed to do? Just allow Sutekh to emerge from the rubble? But it the end he tried to cross through the portal, so why couldn't he do that already? It seems to me that the Osirans didn't really do a very good job of jailing Sutekh, leaving a portal through which he could exert mental influence, and then he can be freed if you just solve a few puzzles. They didn't think it through!

I know the story so well that it's difficult to know how obvious this would be on first viewing, but the missile wasn't aimed at Sutekh's prison.  Sutekh was imprisoned in a tomb in Egypt.  The pyramid on Mars was transmitting a signal that prevented him from moving, and this was what the missile was supposed to destroy, allowing him to escape.  It's never exactly explained how the portal was set up, but I'd assume it was created after Scarman had broken into the tomb, fallen under Sutekh's influence, and brought the Sarcophagus out.

Some of the puzzles do seem a little childish (especially the two guardians, which is a simple logic puzzle I knew as a kid) but others are harder, like the two sets of symbols.  In any case, remember that at the time the Osirans imprisoned Sutekh, humans were pretty primitive.  Maybe they just didn't anticipate anyone even getting to Mars.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: