The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 02:24:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Head over to 76 Totters Lane and check out all the latest merchandise

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Russell T Davies Appreciation

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Russell T Davies Appreciation  (Read 358 times)
Hyacathusarillistad
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: Third or Eleventh
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant or Amy Pond

Extant Time Lord

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 4 Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2011, 09:03:18 pm »

I wasn't fond of Girl in the Fireplace, tbh...it seemed like a very well written original story that had Doctor Who shoehorned in and most of the chars acting very OOC, especially the Doctor.

I LOVED School Reunion and New Earth. The wonderfulness of Elizabeth Sladen and Anthony Stewart Head were pure awesome.

I disagree with the idea of the characters acting out of character. The Doctor had recently regenerated, and in my opinion didn't have a character yet. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that the Tenth Doctor's character became finally stable and solid in Girl in the Fireplace; the stories prior to it were wishy-washy in both concept and execution - particularly New Earth. I felt it was tossed together, and the actors themselves didn't seem able to work off each other at all, especially Billie Piper while playing Cassandra-in-Rose and Matron Casp.
Report Spam   Logged

Torchwood Five

Episode I - The Brainstem Murders
Episode II - Vanishing Act
Episode III - Side Effects
Episode IV - The Villieneuve Incident
Episode V - Ritardando
Episode VI - Body Count
BlueRose

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2011, 09:03:59 pm »

I wasn't fond of Girl in the Fireplace, tbh...it seemed like a very well written original story that had Doctor Who shoehorned in and most of the chars acting very OOC, especially the Doctor.

I LOVED School Reunion and New Earth. The wonderfulness of Elizabeth Sladen and Anthony Stewart Head were pure awesome.

I disagree with the idea of the characters acting out of character. The Doctor had recently regenerated, and in my opinion didn't have a character yet. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that the Tenth Doctor's character became finally stable and solid in Girl in the Fireplace; the stories prior to it were wishy-washy in both concept and execution - particularly New Earth. I felt it was tossed together, and the actors themselves didn't seem able to work off each other at all, especially Billie Piper while playing Cassandra-in-Rose and Matron Casp.

Eh, let's agree to disagree on this one.
Report Spam   Logged
thefifthdoctor
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Fifth
Favourite Companion: Peri

View Profile
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2011, 11:01:54 pm »

I just can't fathom re-watching Fear Her or Love and Monsters.

Completely agree, although I personally add Sound of Drums/Last of the Timelords to that.

At the end of the day, love him or hate him, RTD brought Doctor Who back. Nobody can begrudge him that.
The guy is talented as hell, and I think his 11th Doctor story for SJA was wonderful.
Hope he does continue to be involved in some way, preferably writing the odd adventure here & there.
But for now I want his head in the game to bring us an awesome new series of Torchwood.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: