The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 18, 2024, 03:31:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in the Classic Episode Battles in The Invasion of Time

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Rate & Review The Time of the Doctor

Poll
Question: Rate this story
Absolutely amazing - 1 (16.7%)
Near perfect - 3 (50%)
Not bad, not great - 2 (33.3%)
Not impressed - 0 (0%)
Shockingly bad - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rate & Review The Time of the Doctor  (Read 293 times)
ardalyon
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: Tom Baker
Favourite Companion: Peri

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary 100 Posts
« on: December 29, 2013, 11:32:54 am »

My suspicion is that this was not the original plan for the Crack in Time. After all, if the Doctor was meant to imprisoned in the Pandorica why blow up the TARDIS as well? And how exactly did they do it? And if by doing so they destroy the whole universe, isn't that rather counter-productive and defeats the purpose? One can only assume they didn't understand the implications of destroying the TARDIS. Also, I seem to remember (in the Big Bang I think) the Doctor saying something like "We still don't know why the TARDIS was brought to this place"? Was this ever really explained? I suppose one might argue that it was part of getting Amy onto the TARDIS and thence to the conception on the TARDIS of River Song? But this all suggests they didn't have a lot of faith in the Pandorica working. Or perhaps the Pandorica was someone else's idea. I don't remember the Pandorica being mentioned. The more I think about it, the less satisfactory and more perfunctory I find the one-sentence explanation "Kovarian tried to blow up the TARDIS" and I am becoming more convinced that this was not the original plan but the writers has to tie up a loose end.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: