The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 12:45:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out all the spoilers from Series 7 in our dedicated spoiler section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Thought on regeneration

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thought on regeneration  (Read 331 times)
Nyki2
Earthling

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
One year Anniversary Level 3 Poll Starter
« on: August 23, 2014, 10:01:37 pm »

The Doctor kept saying he recognised his face, and of course he'd seen it before in Pompeii.  I don't know if it was meant to be significant or just an in-joke, but that made me think about something that's occurred to me before.  The 1st and 2nd Doctors both encountered exact doubles (the Abbot of Amboise and Salamander). The 6th and now the 12th Doctors have had more random doubles the Doctor's encountered before, and Romana regenerated into an exact copy of Astra. Could it be that the regeneration process somehow reaches out into time and space and randomly (or not so randomly) plucks an appearance for the Time Lord to take on?  Which would mean there are doubles of all of them somewhere out there.
Report Spam   Logged
ardalyon
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: Tom Baker
Favourite Companion: Peri

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary 100 Posts
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 09:53:57 am »

I don't think you should take Romana's regeneration too seriously. It was a dumb idea that shouldn't really be taken as canon.
Report Spam   Logged
Nyki2
Earthling

View Profile
One year Anniversary Level 3 Poll Starter
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 01:58:51 pm »

Actually, I think Romana's regeneration was badly written more than wrong overall. I think it would have worked if a) there'd been a reason for it (eg the effects of being tortured by the Shadow) and b) the try-outs had been on the scanner rather than live.  That would have brought it roughly in line with the only other non-traumatic regeneration we've seen, the High Council regenerating the Second Doctor.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: