The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 05:01:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in the Classic Episode Battles in The Invasion of Time

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Rate & Review Time Heist

Poll
Question: Rate this story
Absolutely amazing - 1 (20%)
Near perfect - 1 (20%)
Not bad, not great - 2 (40%)
Not impressed - 1 (20%)
Shockingly bad - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rate & Review Time Heist  (Read 611 times)
ardalyon
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: Tom Baker
Favourite Companion: Peri

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary 100 Posts
« on: September 21, 2014, 10:58:08 am »

I didn't think much of this. It seemed like they took ideas from other tv and other Dr. Who episodes and cobbled them together. The final lock on the vault is straight from Die Hard, and all that slo-mo at the start is from, well, practically everything in the heist genre. This isn't always a bad thing and can come across as a fun, self-conscious pastiche, but for me it just didn't work. The one thing that did work for me (even if it was largely cobbled together from Hide and The God Complex) was the Teller itself. A great 'monster' that I hope we will see more of. I nearly gave it a 3 for the Teller alone, but in all conscience could only give it a 2.

Incidentally, are we to assume that it was the Doctor who put the memory recovery thingy and the vaccine into the vault in the first place? This would mean that he was just manipulating Psi and what's-her-face all along. Also, are we to assume that the TARDIS cannot just materialize inside the vault. Granted we are told that the TARDIS cannot navigate while the storm is taking place, but then why not choose another time? Also, if not the TARDIS, why not the teleporters? Being able to teleport back to wherever they want to be seems to make a nonsense of all the trouble they went to.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: