The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 09:37:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Celebrate 50 years of Doctor Who with us in our Top Ten Of Everything section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Missy

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missy  (Read 613 times)
Nyki2
Earthling

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
One year Anniversary Level 3 Poll Starter
« on: November 02, 2014, 12:07:56 am »

OK, I must admit Moff got me with that.  My first thought when it was revealed she was a Time Lord the Doctor had "left behind to die" was River, but she never had two hearts. Then I thought the Rani - it had a bit of a feeling of her kind of operation. When she said Missy was short for Mistress, my first thought was that's what K9 always called Romana. The Master didn't even cross my mind.  I really, really love it.
Report Spam   Logged
hannahcole93
Global Moderator
Master Of Galaxies
Favourite Doctor: 11 & 5
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond & Nyssa

"Fish fingers and custard..."

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary 10000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 09:54:41 am »

I know! Had me  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

"All of time and space; everything that ever happened or ever will…Where do you want to start?"
ardalyon
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: Tom Baker
Favourite Companion: Peri

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary 100 Posts
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 10:11:22 am »

I admit I was taken by surprise. But in the end I was left thinking "The Master again. Can't they think up anything new? Okay, a woman this time." I so wanted it to be Romana, and I thought for a moment I was going to get my wish (I thought of K9 calling her "mistress" too. I even considered Leela as an alternative for a second, though that wouldn't have made sense, her not being a Time Lady or even Gallifreyan). She's really the only other Time Lord/Lady they could bring back without violating the "last of the time lords" thing. The Master is becoming like Jason in the Friday 13th films. No matter how many times you kill him they find some contrivance to bring him back. Or is The Master also in the Nethersphere and that is only his intelligence downloaded?
Report Spam   Logged
Nyki2
Earthling

View Profile
One year Anniversary Level 3 Poll Starter
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 01:33:33 pm »

The Master wasn't actually killed last time, just sent back to Gallifrey. Presumably he's regenerated, but the main question is how he got away from Gallifrey, not how he's still alive.
Report Spam   Logged
Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 11:23:30 am »

I like Missy as a character. I like her a lot. But for me she's not the Master. I just can't get my head around it and I don't like it. I like her and the story just fine, but I think back at all the Masters and for me it just doesn't fit. I'm not keen on the whole intersex thing, tbh. I'd rather just have her be a stand-alone character. The scary thing for me is that it's gone over so well that it's just another step towards having a female Doctor, and I'm definitely not down with that.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: