The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 07:22:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out all the spoilers from Series 7 in our dedicated spoiler section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

50th Anniversary Plans Underway Already?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 50th Anniversary Plans Underway Already?  (Read 1229 times)
Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 4/6/7
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

He is also vain, ego-centric and quite mad

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Search
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2012, 07:57:11 pm »

I think the idea of having perhaps part of it shot in black and white might be a nice homage - or perhaps even having a prequel shot in black and white would be a lovely nod to the shows past. If i'm honest I wouldn't want the whole lot shot in b/w - i think the show has moved on from that and should actually be an HD special effects extravaganza to show how far it has come.

My idea for the 50th is a little odd but I think would provide a fitting tribute to the Doctor's 50 years and free us from a lot of the continuity problems that inevitably occur if a multi-doctor story is proposed.

The plot premise is this. The Doctor is dying. He has a regenerative disorder - a Time Lord deadly disease - whereby large parts of his past degrade due to his prolonged exposure to the time vortex. So we see his previous regenerations but in an older, more degraded form. Some regenerations are totally inaccessible (the first three Doctors) and the Doctor and companions old and new must try and help the Doctor find a cure before its too late and before his enemies can stop him (think of the Adric quote at the end of Caves of Androzani "to many people would delight in your death")

The 50th anniversary is the Doctor facing a fight with his ultimate foe - Death.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: