The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 16, 2024, 10:38:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Head over to 76 Totters Lane and check out all the latest merchandise

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

50th Anniversary Plans Underway Already?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 50th Anniversary Plans Underway Already?  (Read 1246 times)
Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Jon Pertwee
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary 5000 Posts Second year Anniversary
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2012, 12:57:51 am »

Great idea, VA.  I wonder if Moff is listening.

I was thinking about this on the treadmill this morning. For the 50th, assuming we are getting another series leading up to it or airing at the time, I think we should have an entire series of returning monsters. Strong, popular villains from both eras of the show for the Doctor to re-face and then one new brilliant villain created specifically for the anniversary. I think having lots of new monsters would mean that none stand out over the others and would lessen the impact of the fact the show has reached such a milestone. Creating just one new race means that a lot of effort and focus can go on making them brilliant and hopefully iconic while using returning monsters for all the other stories would be a nice nod to the classic and early new era. The show could even perhaps acknowledge the fact they have all been faced before by connecting it all together in a loose arc. Maybe something cooked up by the new race?

This is something like what they did in the series leading up to the 20th, where each story featured someone or something returning (Omega, the Mara, the Brig, the two Guardians, the Master).  It could work well to do that again.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: