The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 19, 2024, 01:42:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Celebrate 50 years of Doctor Who with us in our Top Ten Of Everything section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Dislike for Moffat

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dislike for Moffat  (Read 1170 times)
BlueRose

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2011, 04:43:36 pm »

True - River being the Doctor's wife would be lame. But you know what, I actually think Moffet is having fun with this. Everyone assumes that she will be his wife, because that's the most conventional may men and women can have very significant and long-lasting relationships. This is echoed in River making cheeky hints about this. I'd bet - and obviously I could be dead wrong - that this isn't the case at all and in fact their lives are connected in some other way that trumps the convention. Sure, Rivers death shows love and devotion for the Doctor, but that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with gender, and I would love it if it didn't. I recently red an interview with the actress who played Jo Grant and she said how Jo was always willing to put her life on the line because she knew how, in the bigger picture, the Doctor was of so much more significance than her, and the universe needed him. I love that idea and, actually knowing the vital things the Doctor does in the future (stop the rebirth of the angels/save the universe, anyone?) is one hell of a motivation for River to do whatever she can to prevent 10s death.

I sincerely hope so, and I hope for more 3Dness for River too. I'd like to like her, but the way she is written has made it impossible.

As for Amy, there is a very good reason for her character being slightly hollow (her brain was hollowed out by the crack) and there has been numerous comments about her developing next season, so I am optimistic that this time next year these criticisms may be moot!

Again, I hope. We'll see what happens next season!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: