The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 10:33:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in for the NuWho Episode Tournament in The Greatest Show In The Galaxy

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Dislike for Moffat

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dislike for Moffat  (Read 1152 times)
BlueRose

Badges: (View All)
« on: October 24, 2010, 03:22:56 pm »

I liked Series 5 on the whole, and so far my complaints about it are minimal, but my view on Moffat is less than favourable.

There is also a very damning interview where he discusses the show and his work and talks about how women are "needy" and are always out to get a husband. Watch all of his eps in that light where women are solely mothers/wanna-be wives/etc and it's pretty clear how he thinks women belong in New Who. I MUCH prefer RTD's take on gender and sexuality by a long shot. He doesn't pretend it's not there but he doesn't make it into a sexist ruling influence, either.

I rant a lot about sexism in scifi. With exceptions of Babylon 5, Firefly, and what-not there's a lot of it. Star Trek made great strides for women, even fighting with network heads who wanted us barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen. And what Moffat has been doing is seriously detrimental to that.

I had hoped desperately that my gut instinct with him was wrong but I still remember Reinette and River back when RTD was in charge and knew we could expect more of the same. And I was sadly not disappointed in that expectation.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: