The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 10:53:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out all the spoilers from Series 7 in our dedicated spoiler section

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Dislike for Moffat

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dislike for Moffat  (Read 1145 times)
BlueRose

Badges: (View All)
« on: October 24, 2010, 04:40:49 pm »

I think he has run the show into the ground personally

I am in sad but vehement agreement with you.

I really, genuinely wanted to eat my words with a side order of whatever. I absolutely love the show and without a doubt it's my favorite. But the good that RTD brought into it he tossed out into the trash and he clearly is making it into his own thing.

It's when the show is made with a self-consciousness and attitude towards the fans that it fails. This is where even RTD was going downhill. Things need to happen in order to tell a good story and advance the story, not just to make the fans happy or rile them up. The biggest mistake any of the writers have done is listen to the fans and be conscious of them too, too much either to the point of trying to appease them all the time or conversely, be adversial towards them all the time.

We've gone the route of the pendulum and we need to find a way back. I sincerely wish that the writers and showrunner stopped and watched seasons 1-3 of the new series to remember where they came from. What RTD did was pure genius; he created a family friendly scifi adult drama. THAT'S why it worked and worked for all ages. Now it's just a self-conscious kiddy tribute to Moffat's cleverness, and unless he ditches many, many plot elements (River bullshit, screamy-shouty-pouty companions whose sole benefit is a cute face and a tight short skirt, plots which make no sense and do not advance the characters one iota) I'm very afraid for the show. Very, very afraid. As is I plan to watch the Gaiman ep next season but nothing else.

I feel very bad for Matt Smith. It's obvious they managed to bring someone on board because he wasn't a fan to start with, never saw the show and hence wouldn't know what he was in for. He even admitted as much during an interview; he had never seen the show. I think he's good but doesn't have the acting chops to carry out a bad script. I will say however that I liked Eleventh Hour solely due to his antics. The rest of the plot was recyling of old plots at best and rubbish at worst. When I watch Rose, Christmas Invasion, and Smith and Jones in comparison it makes me want to cry.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: