The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 09:09:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in the Classic Episode Battles in The Invasion of Time

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Dislike for Moffat

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dislike for Moffat  (Read 1142 times)
BlueRose

Badges: (View All)
« on: October 27, 2010, 01:44:37 am »

Where do I start? Like Blue Rose I despair of the idea that women grow up simply aspiring to get married and have kids.   RTD had companions that grew through the influence of the Doctor, Moffat gives us companions that emasculate the Doctor.  His reaction to strong women is to be afraid, as a female fan that irks me. In this fandom we have been berated and pigeonholed for so long, RTD allowed us a voice, gave us strong, in an emotional way, female characters etc, role models.  My daughter is 10, would I want her to have Amy as a role model in the way I had Sarah Jane, NO!!!  There is precious little in the show now for me, I have no character I can relate to. Again, like Blue Rose I detest GITF as I cannot bear the notion the Doctor would abandon Rose for some fancy bit, it jars with the entire series arc, and I personally detest the sexual nature Moffat foists on everything he writes. By the way people blathered about the gay agenda but 0 lbgt characters in s5 is even more odd!

The "gay agenda" crap made me furious alone. His sole agenda was to portray LGBT people the same damned way as everyone else and as being one of the stripes in that rainbow, I was grateful for it. People whom it annoyed, I wonder what they have against people who are gay that it bothered them so damned much.

As for the rest...I couldn't have said it better.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: