The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 19, 2024, 09:54:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Head over to 76 Totters Lane and check out all the latest merchandise

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

The Egg of Ottorrin - Entry for The Great Big Fanfiction Competition

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Egg of Ottorrin - Entry for The Great Big Fanfiction Competition  (Read 198 times)
BeeSC
Earthling
Favourite Doctor: 10th
Favourite Companion: Rose/Donna

I'm Not Mean. I'm Just Not Very Nice ™

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 4 Second year Anniversary
« on: October 26, 2010, 07:47:54 am »

I hope you guys like it!

The Egg of Ottorrin
It’s the year 2083.

Celeste is just getting home from work, it is 11:11 and she makes a wish ‘I wish I could just leave this life, if only for one night.’  Little did she know that her wish was about to come true.

She walked towards the fridge to put in the leftovers she brought from work.  She didn’t like being a waitress but it paid the bills and allowed her to go to school.  As she walked towards her room she heard a crash outside, she rushed over to the window and saw a man stumble out of a blue box, she opened the window and yelled out “Are you ok?” the man simply waved his hand.  She was about to close the window and walk away when the man fell over and just laid there.
“Why must this happen to me?” she put on her coat on again and rushed out the door to the man’s side.

As she got closer she looked around to see if anyone else had seen the man just laying there.  But there wasn’t a soul in sight, she thought it odd since when she walked in not ten minutes ago the streets were busy with people.  She looked around in his clothes trying to find some information on him but all she found was a wallet with a white piece of paper, something that looked like a light and a key.  The man opened his eyes and all he said was “Somewhere warm”.  She looked around once more to see if there was anyone around to help her get the man inside, but still the streets were silent.  She managed to get the man inside her house.

Once inside she laid the main on her couch and covered him with a blanket, it was 11:34 by now.  “Should I call the police?  What do I do?  Why do I have to be so nosey?”  She decided to wait and see if the man would wake up anytime soon, that way she could ask him a few questions.  She sat in the chair in front of her couch to wait, and it wasn’t long before she started dozing off, looking at the clock it was midnight, she got up and walked around.
12:15: Sat down again
12:27: Dozed off
01:13: Woke-up, went to the bathroom – the man was still sleeping
01:17: Sat down again, picked-up a book
01:34: Fell asleep
02:48: Woke-up – man was still out
03:02: Went to the fridge and ate
03:29: Fell asleep
05:24: Man was still knocked out, she knew the guy had fallen down and hit his head, but, how long would he remain unconscious.  “It’s not like he fell that hard.”
06:17: Her head was bobbing, she needed her sleep, she had to work tonight
08:41: Celeste woke up and looked at the clock; it was all she could take.  She would call the authorities, they could deal with him.

She dialed the number and just as they answered the man woke-up.  She hesitated a little but finally hung up the receiver.
“So, where have I landed this time?”
“Sorry?”
“Where am I?”
“You’re in Chicago, Duh!”
“Of course I am!  What year?”
“What Year?  Did you take one too many drinks last night?”
“Something like that, what is the date?”
“It’s November 13th.”
“What year?  Although judging by your clothes I’d say 2080?”
“It’s 2083; seriously, did you hit your head that hard?  Should I call a doctor?”
“What for? I am the Doctor”
“Well then, where are your credentials or an ID of any form, I couldn’t find any information in your wallet, just a blank piece of paper.”
“That’s psychic paper, it tells you what I want you to know.  One more question, am…I…Ginger?”
“Yes, why?”
“FINALLY!...” Celeste jumped back a little.  “I’ve wanted to be ginger for so long!  May I have a mirror?”
“Sure, are you going to tell me who you are and what you were doing in that blue box outside?”  Said Celeste as she handed him a mirror.
“I already told you I am the Doctor, and that “Blue Box” is my ship.”  The Doctor walked around looking at his brand new face, this regeneration was one of the hardest ones he’d ever had.
“Doctor who, and of what?  Isn’t it too small to be a ship plus it doesn’t look like it can float.”
“Doctor of everything and anything, it’s not a ship for water, it’s a space ship, wanna see it?”  He walked toward the door.  Celeste followed closely.
“A space ship?  You want me to believe that you can travel in space, in a little wooden blue box?”
“Not only in space but in time too!”
“But it’s a box, a wooden box!”
“Come one then, if it’s only a box, let’s go inside and see it, what’s your name anyway?”
“Celeste”  She wasn’t sure why but she trusted the man who called himself “The Doctor”.  As she followed him outside she saw him feel around his pockets and take out the key that she had found the night before.  He unlocked the door and walked in; Celeste just stood there staring at the box.  The Doctor popped his head back out.
“Well, are you coming or not?”
“But we can’t both fit in there! It’s too small! It can’t be more than 6x6 in there.”
“OK, suit yourself.”  The Doctor walked back in leaving Celeste staring at the TARDIS.  She decided to walk inside, what else did she have to lose?  When she did, she was perplexed, she couldn’t believe it.  It was bigger on the inside then the outside.
“It’s impossible!  It’s Huge!  I mean HUGE!  How can it be?”
“This is a TARDIS, my TARDIS, my ship.”
“But it’s bigger on the inside then the outside.”  She walked back out and back in again.
“Yep!   So, is that how you wish to travel?”
“What do you mean ‘Travel’?”
“Well, I wanna take you on a ‘Thank-you’ trip for taking me in for the night.”
“But this thing surely can’t move, it’s still a box.”
“Very well then, have it your way, stay here, living life, going to work, paying the bills, etc, etc…”
“Can I at least grab some things from my house?  My mom always said, ‘Never leave the house without your wallet and your cell phone’.”
“Sure, I’ll start the TARDIS in the meantime.”
Celeste ran back to her apartment, headed to her room, she hadn’t realized that she was still in her work clothes.  On her way out of her place she grabbed her ‘Emergency Bag’.  For the second time she walked into the TARDIS amazed still, but not as much as the first time.  The Doctor was pushing buttons and stroking the center console, he turned to her.
“Alright then, where do you want to go?  The past, the future or another planet?”
“Is this for real?  This thing can really fly?”  She asked dropping her bag on the floor.
“Don’t be ridiculous, it also appears here and disappears somewhere else.”
“And I’m supposed to believe that?”  The TARDIS made a weird noise.
“Well, take a look outside then if you don’t believe me.”
Celeste half-believed the Doctor, she approached the door and as she opened it, she saw dark green creatures with deep purple eyes walking around in a city that resembled Chicago, Celeste turned to the Doctor.
“Where are we?”
“This, Celeste, is the planet Parangari, the date is Sep 24th, 2488.  The city is called Bleeo.”  Just as Celeste was about to talk again a crashing sound arouse behind them.
“What was that?” She asked.
“I don’t know, but let’s go find out.”  The Doctor started walking towards the crashing sound with Celeste following closely.
“So, what are we going to do when we get there?”
“Look around, come one Celeste, not knowing is half the fun.  Haven’t you ever time-traveled before?  Wait, don’t answer that, it was sort of a rhetorical question.”  As they got closer they saw shadows fleeing into the woods.  Celeste started following them.
“Celeste, no, look, over here.”
“What is it?”
“It’s a ship, and Ottorrin ship, you can tell by these markings here.”
“So what happened to it?”
“Don’t know, could have been anything really, the Ottorrin have not been around that long so their technology isn’t as good as some.”  The Doctor said in a semi-condescending tone and a smirk.
“Well, let’s go in and check it out.”
“Alright!  Now you’re talking.  This way.”  Celeste followed the Doctor closely, she felt more at ease entering this ship, at least less scary for sure, though she’d only been in the TARDIS for a few minutes, it was amazing, maybe later she could explore inside it.  They followed corridors inside the ship and everything she saw in writing was in English.
“Doctor, why is everything in English?  I thought this was an alien ship.”
“It is written in their language, but the TARDIS translates it for you, it is so much easier than having a dictionary around don’t you think?”
“I guess, but how does it work?”
“That’s a story for another time.”  They walked into what seemed to be the control room, it looked like something out of a sci-fi movie, but better.  The Doctor started poking around, pushing buttons and looking at different readings; he took out his light pen and pointed it at everything.
“What’s that?” she asked wondering about the light pen.
“This is my sonic screwdriver; it helps me get into things. And fix others.  Ahh, look, it says here that they were…what? That can’t be right, it’s not possible, what were they doing out there, middle of nowhere, that’s where.”
“OK, enough with the ranting, what happened?”
“It seems they were hi-jacked.”
“Hi-jacked?  Is that even possible?  I mean with this being so far in the future.”
“Well the thing is, that just because time has passed, people have changed their way of thinking, believing and behaving, crime is still big everywhere.”
“Oh…well then my question is who hi-jacked them and how did you know they were hi-jacked?”
“Right now, I am trying to figure out what happened the only thing that it’s allowing me to see is the last entry one of the crewmembers made, plus their coordinates, it doesn’t say who or why.”
“So do you think those shadows we saw heading into the woods had something to do with this??
“That would be what makes more sense, but right now I am worried on finding other people in the ship.”  The Doctor and Celeste headed out into the rest of the ship, as they did so, Celeste heard some banging coming from one of the halls.
“Doctor, I hear some noise this way.”  The Doctor lead the way through the hall and as they got closer the noise grew louder until they found the door that contained the noise.  The Doctor used his sonic screwdriver to open the door but as they walked into the chamber, the noise seemed to stop, they looked around and found a hidden compartment behind a panel and there laid an egg.
“Celeste, meet the future King or Queen of the Ottorrin, well at least after it’s parents die.”
“How do you know, that this egg is the future King or Queen?”
“It came with this note that says if anything happens to the ship to please return the egg.”
“It does not say that!”
“Sure it does, right here.”  The Doctor handed her the note.
“So are we going to return the egg?”
“Of course, it’s only the right thing to do.”
“Still, it doesn’t explain where everyone is.”
“One theory is they were looking for the egg, but another one might be that they were just trying to get home, in any case, we should go, we need to return the egg.”
“Who are you and what are you doing here?”
“I’m the Doctor and this is Celeste and you are?”
“I am Shan, the Royal Egg Protector”
“Right! Good, we were nearby when we heard the crash and found the little one here, we were on our way to return it back home, would you mind lowering your weapon?”
“Good, thanks, I’ll take it from here.”  The Doctor started moving towards the door as he talked.
“The thing is, Shan, you don’t look like any Ottorrin I’ve ever met and trust me I’ve met quite a few, so why don’t you tell me who you really are.”  As he finished the sentence he and Celeste were by the door and Shan was inside the chamber.  The Doctor yelled “RUN!” Celeste startled almost dropped the egg and ran behind the Doctor…Once in the TARDIS and out of breath the Doctor closed the door behind them and turned the TARDIS on.
“Doctor, how did you know he wasn’t who he said he was?”
“I didn’t, I’m not sure what an Ottorrin looks like, they’re always changing form, I was winging it, but I was right, he wanted the egg, for all we know he might have been the one who hi-jacked the ship.  Now hold on to something because this might be a bumpy ride.”
Celeste sat down and held on to the egg, the Doctor was right, this was a bumpy ride and after almost dropping the egg three times they stopped.  They were in Ottorrin.
“We’re here. I’ll take the egg.”  The Doctor headed for the door with Celeste in tow, once outside the TARDIS, Celeste noticed that this planet was even prettier than the one before, it had blue grass, her favorite color and the creatures seemed more peaceful too, nothing like the guy named Shan.
“Celeste, come one we need to return the egg to the Royal family.  This way, seems they’re expecting us.”
They walked streets and it seemed that they were all waiting for them, as everyone waved and led them to the palace.  Once at the palace they made their way up a marble stairway and there were pillars on each side of the entrance, guards were standing outside.
“Name?”
“Hi, I’m the Doctor and this is Celeste, and we’ve come to return the future King or Queen of Ottorrin.”
“Doctor and Celeste, the King and Queen are waiting for you.”  Who should they see when they walked into the hall but Shan, standing next to the King and Queen.
“Doctor, Celeste, welcome to Ottorrin, I believe you have met Shan, the Royal Egg Protector.”
“Yeah, sorry about what happened in Parangari, I really was just trying to protect the egg.  Not knowing who was an enemy and whatnot.”
“That is no problem, I would have done the same in your situation.”  The Doctor handed the egg to the R.E.P.
“There you go little one, off to mom and dad.”
“Goodbye Norbin.”  Celeste chimed in.
They said their goodbyes to the King and Queen and the rest of the Royal family and headed back to the TARDIS.  Once back they both started laughing uncontrollably.
“Did you see your face?  I can’t believe that he was the R.E.P., I can’t believe that there is such a title.”
“My face?  You looked like you were going to fain Doctor.”
“OK, OK, we were both surprised, ready to go home?”
“Home?  You promised me a ‘Thank-you’ trip.”
“Yeah, this was it.”
“No, this was you showing off, remember?  I asked if you expected me to believe that this thing could travel and you said ‘look for yourself‘ and we were in Parangari”
“You mean to tell me that you tricked me?”
“Sort of”
“A human tricked a Timelord, well that’s a first.”
“A what?  Timelord?  What’s that?  Are you telling me that you’re an alien?”
“Yes I am an alien, so where would you like to go…”
The TARDIS swooshed away with the Doctor and Celeste.
Report Spam   Logged

Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 04:49:29 pm »

Great story Bee Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Rory

Rory FTW

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 06:29:14 pm »

Cool. Are you doing a second part/adventure?
Report Spam   Logged

Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask someone why they're white!
BeeSC
Earthling
Favourite Doctor: 10th
Favourite Companion: Rose/Donna

I'm Not Mean. I'm Just Not Very Nice ™

View Profile
Search Level 4 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 07:35:05 pm »

Great story Bee Smiley
Thanks Peri!
Cool. Are you doing a second part/adventure?
I'm working on another story.
Report Spam   Logged

Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: River

Formally River Song

View Profile
Level 6 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 05:41:01 pm »

Cool Story Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 10
Favourite Companion: Donna

View Profile
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 07:30:22 pm »

Great story Cool Glad to hear there's more on the horizon Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Jane Smith: No.The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship. Everything has its time. And everything ends.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: