The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 16, 2024, 12:56:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join The Infinite Quest - This Week's Story: Black Orchid

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

RTD Death Of The Doctor Interview

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RTD Death Of The Doctor Interview  (Read 70 times)
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« on: October 26, 2010, 10:02:40 pm »

So, the Doctor can regenerate a lot more than 12 times, apparently. That was a bit of a cheeky line…
507 – I could not resist! I was hooting. It’ll never stick, though. That 13 lives is stuck in people’s heads. It is, isn’t it funny? Yet they only said 13 once or twice.

But some people do get tremendously worried by that figure, don’t they? As if when we get to the end of the thirteenth Doctor’s time, the BBC are gonna cancel the series, regardless of how well it’s doing.
They do, I know. When they came over here to launch “The Eleventh Hour”, I went along to this screening in LA and journalists put their hands up, and one of the first questions was, “What will happen when he reaches the thirteenth regeneration?”

There’s a fascinating academic study to be made out of how some facts stick and some don’t – how Jon Pertwee’s Doctor could say he was thousands of years old, and no-one listens to that, and yet someone once says he’s only got thirteen lives, and it becomes lore. It’s really interesting, I think. That’s why I’m quite serious that that 507 thing won’t stick, because the 13 is too deeply ingrained in the public consciousness. But how? How did that get there? It’s fascinating, it’s really weird. Anyway, that’ll be my book in my retirement!

This story gave you a chance to write for Matt Smith’s Doctor. Watching the finished episodes, did you get a twinge of regret that you can’t write for him every week?
Oh no! To be honest, me and Steven [Moffat] have the funniest emails now where I’m constantly laughing! I just sit here going, “March! I remember what March was like”. And on the first of April I said, “April! April’s a nightmare, isn’t it?” And I can do that on every date of the year – “Oh my god, wait until October!” I have twinges of amusement!
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 10
Favourite Companion: Donna

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 04:52:18 pm »

I'm glad that RTD has come clean over this. It won't stop people debating/whinging and whining but at least for the more sane amongst us we can just move on and get on with our lives Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Jane Smith: No.The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship. Everything has its time. And everything ends.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: