The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 03:24:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Head over to 76 Totters Lane and check out all the latest merchandise

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

River Love

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: River Love  (Read 1899 times)
Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: River

Formally River Song

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2010, 11:15:47 pm »

As if anyone could take an instant dislike to her. They obviously have history Tongue

I saw another picture of her from that filming the other night in her gold dress and she looked gorgeous. I cant wait to see her on screen again.
Report Spam   Logged

Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Formally River Song

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2010, 05:50:20 pm »

The more I think about series 6 starting, the more excited I am about the return of River. Im so glad she is in the opener and I hope we get to see a lot more of her this year. River is brilliant and the mystery around her is itching to be revealed. I need my River fix Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

DAK
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Eleven!
Favourite Companion: River!

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2010, 04:27:47 am »

^ I'm with you on that!! 

I squirreled away links to a couple of cool essays about River that I'd completely forgotten about until I was trying to clear out my zillion bookmarks.  Thought you might be interested if you haven't seen them already!  Cheesy

http://community.livejournal.com/doctoreleven/379354.html#cutid1

http://chaila43.livejournal.com/99989.html
Report Spam   Logged
chrissymarieb
Faithful Companion
Favourite Companion: Rory Williams and Donna Noble

View Profile
Search Apple User Poll Voter
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2010, 12:07:26 pm »

The more I think about series 6 starting, the more excited I am about the return of River. Im so glad she is in the opener and I hope we get to see a lot more of her this year. River is brilliant and the mystery around her is itching to be revealed. I need my River fix Tongue

I am very interested to learn her back story and who she really is in relation to the Doctor.  Good stuff!
Report Spam   Logged

"It's smaller on the outside"
Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Formally River Song

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2010, 03:29:30 pm »

^ I'm with you on that!! 

I squirreled away links to a couple of cool essays about River that I'd completely forgotten about until I was trying to clear out my zillion bookmarks.  Thought you might be interested if you haven't seen them already!  Cheesy

http://community.livejournal.com/doctoreleven/379354.html#cutid1

http://chaila43.livejournal.com/99989.html

Theyre great, thanks. I'd not seen them before Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

the Doctor companion
Hatchling

Favourite Doctor: I love them all but 10th was funny 11th to and the 4th seems good to
Favourite Companion: love them all Rose was you know Rose Martha was epic to.

hurt Doctor companion and you will be extermanated

View Profile
Topic Starter Multiple Badge Holder Level 2
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2010, 08:37:13 am »

of cause I love her River is cool Cool I hate the River haters but i'm a little worried about her true stuff there not going to make her evil are there?
Report Spam   Logged
Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2010, 04:20:28 pm »

I dont hate people who hate her. People can like whoever they want to, but I dont personally get a lot of the vitriol that gets aimed at her
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 10
Favourite Companion: Donna

View Profile
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2010, 11:54:37 am »

of cause I love her River is cool Cool I hate the River haters but i'm a little worried about her true stuff there not going to make her evil are there?

Unless time has indeed been rewritten we've seen how River 'dies' and know the reason why. We know she killed a good man but that doesn't make her 'evil' - in war good men are killed all the time by good men. It's the 'why' that justifies - not the act itself.

Whatever colourful twists Mr Moffat has in store for River/us I like to think that TFOD was her final swansong and that her actions here... if nothing else ... made up for any past 'indiscretions'.
Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Jane Smith: No.The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship. Everything has its time. And everything ends.
the Doctor companion
Hatchling

Favourite Doctor: I love them all but 10th was funny 11th to and the 4th seems good to
Favourite Companion: love them all Rose was you know Rose Martha was epic to.

hurt Doctor companion and you will be extermanated

View Profile
Topic Starter Multiple Badge Holder Level 2
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2010, 10:44:32 pm »

I dont hate people who hate her. People can like whoever they want to, but I dont personally get a lot of the vitriol that gets aimed at her
I didn't mean it like that.
Report Spam   Logged
Roranicus
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Rory

Rory FTW

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2010, 09:41:58 pm »

Unless time has indeed been rewritten we've seen how River 'dies' and know the reason why. We know she killed a good man but that doesn't make her 'evil' - in war good men are killed all the time by good men. It's the 'why' that justifies - not the act itself.

Whatever colourful twists Mr Moffat has in store for River/us I like to think that TFOD was her final swansong and that her actions here... if nothing else ... made up for any past 'indiscretions'.

I agree. I think it would be such a shame if the lovely ending to TFOTD got changed because I think it would ultimately change her character because no matter what Moff dreams up for stories along the way, I like to believe that whoever she was when she died was real and whatever happened beforehand led her to that place and the person she was when she died.
Report Spam   Logged

Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask someone why they're white!
Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2010, 05:22:37 pm »

Yea, they HAVE to keep the SITL ending. I know things can be changed and rewritten, but that should be kept. Besides, if River doesnt die then it would mean the Doctor does and explaining that away would be a lot of effort and take a fair chunk of time within in an episode. It doesnt need to be changed.
Report Spam   Logged

Tardis-Console
Timelord

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2010, 10:55:11 am »

That shot of her in the trailer where she shoots the Doctors stetson off just made me love her that bit more. I dont know what she has against his hats but I hope she shoots them all Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
DAK
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Eleven!
Favourite Companion: River!

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2010, 06:43:06 am »

Well at least she let him keep the top hat.  Smiley 
Report Spam   Logged
chrissymarieb
Faithful Companion
Favourite Companion: Rory Williams and Donna Noble

View Profile
Search Apple User Poll Voter
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2011, 02:07:20 pm »

That shot of her in the trailer where she shoots the Doctors stetson off just made me love her that bit more. I dont know what she has against his hats but I hope she shoots them all Tongue

I actually like him in the Stetson.  I would have left that one on.
Report Spam   Logged

"It's smaller on the outside"
Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2011, 03:26:12 pm »

I just read somewhere 'I wouldnt mind River Song so much if she wasnt so ugly, but that just makes me hate her'

Most. Stupid. Comment. EVER!
Report Spam   Logged

Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Formally River Song

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2011, 01:30:46 pm »

I just read somewhere 'I wouldnt mind River Song so much if she wasnt so ugly, but that just makes me hate her'

Most. Stupid. Comment. EVER!

Thats just fu*king stupid. I heard similar comments about Matt Smith when he was announced as the Doctor but he is awesome as the Doctor and how he looks makes no difference. Alex Kingston is beautiful but it has no bearing on how brilliantly she plays River Song. I'm sure some people just come out with this **** to get a reaction.
Report Spam   Logged

Tardis-Console
Timelord

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2011, 03:00:05 pm »

A lot of negativity comes I think from peoples misunderstanding of the character. I have heard a lot of people say 'I don't like that she knows more than the Doctor' but she doesnt. She just knows things in a different order to him at the moment. When we start seeing things from the perspective of her first meetings then he will know more than her in terms of their history/future. There is no point in people using that as an excuse because it has nothing to do with her character. They could hardly have a story where she knows the Doctor but doesnt know her own history. It wouldnt make sense in the narrative.

As for her being ugly, if thats the case then I must be a moose. And thats impossible because I am gor-jusssss! Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Sandiwich11
Faithful Companion
Favourite Companion: The Brig

View Profile WWW
Level 5 Third year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2011, 03:16:25 pm »

I think some people do say these negative things just to troll and get a reaction.  But unfortunately there are some who do seem to think that their opinion is the right one, and get their knickers in a twist* when then don't understand how others can be 'missing' something that is plain as day to them Roll Eyes

Truth is that fans like us, who visit DW sites/use twitter or chatrooms, make up like half of a half of a percent of the overall 'fan base'.  The only thing that really matters to the program makers is the general public's view; i.e the viewing figures, merch buyers, event goers, etc.  And from that POV the show and characters are phenomenally successful, worldwide.

Why us on-line fans can't just get on and discuss things in an adult manner is really beyond me, we should be caring for each other and grown up enough to agree to disagree on subjects like this.  Ho hum Sad

*watch Icey have a go at me for that Britism Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2011, 02:16:16 pm »

Sandi has it spot on. There is way too much bitching and backbiting in fandoms. DW is the only one I really frequent and it can sometimes get horrible. The way some people speak to others who don't share their opinion is shocking at times and for some reason this character in particular seems to be at the heart of many arguments which I could understand if the character was done and dusted, but people are basing a lot of their arguments on their own assumptions instead of waiting for her story to complete itself.
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

Aneurin
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Formally River Song

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2011, 08:18:38 pm »

Can't believe there is less than 3 weeks until I get to see the brilliant River again!!!!

I. CANT. WAIT
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: