The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 10:47:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Head over to 76 Totters Lane and check out all the latest merchandise

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

River Love

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: River Love  (Read 1904 times)
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« on: August 31, 2010, 03:16:00 pm »

For reasons explained elsewhere, if you love River Song and think she is full of awesome, then this is the place to come and squee Cheesy

Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

DAK
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Eleven!
Favourite Companion: River!

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 05:39:42 pm »

Oh cool!  Squeeee!!!!   Cheesy

I love River!  Finally a brave, smart female character who doesn't girly scream at the merest hint of danger.  And she made a Dalek beg for mercy!   Shocked

I have no idea who or what she is, but I'm looking forward to her story.  I'm confident that Moffat won't disappoint in that regard.  She's obviously someone who will be very important in the Doctor's life for many years to come.
Report Spam   Logged
MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 10
Favourite Companion: Donna

View Profile
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 06:18:43 pm »

Yes..having a dalek beg for mercy? Very impressive Cool

Big fan of River - I actually like that she KNOWS the Doctors future....knows him and clearly very well Wink  And that all he really knows about her is what she was/is prepared to do.... for him. He is in her debt and yet
he has no idea what made her so loyal/devoted to him. Intriguing. Or at least - it should be Wink

Still not sure that Eleven is 'her' doctor but hopefully that will become clearer in the new series.
Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Jane Smith: No.The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship. Everything has its time. And everything ends.
DAK
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 02:02:46 pm »

I hope Eleven is her Doctor; those two have amazing chemistry together.  Although it seems pretty clear she's met more than one version of him.  It will be interesting as we move more into his future (her past) and he knows more of her future than she knows of his.  I'm sure he'll be just as smug with the "spoilers!", which is probably why she turns around and does the same thing to him.  I love timey-wimey.  LOL  I feel really bad for him though; as their relationship progresses and he comes to love her (if that's where their story is going), he knows some day he'll have to make that special screw driver for her and pay her that last visit before she heads off to the Library.  Poor Doctor.  And poor River; he's such an ass to her on the last day of her life.
Report Spam   Logged
Sandiwich11
Faithful Companion
Favourite Companion: The Brig

View Profile WWW
Level 5 Third year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 02:12:39 pm »

I love River Song, she's certainly one of the most intriguing and clever characters in recent years Grin 

Moff has taken the whole meaning of 'Timey-Wimey' to a completely different level through a lot of his stories since the reboot which makes me think that he has known for a long time who she is and how she will effect the show and characters in the future. 

I really hope we get a younger version of her next year and therefore get to see the other side of her.  Successful companions, for me, have to grow and better themselves during their time in the TARDIS.  We have been seeing the tail end of this journey so far, now I want to explore how she became someone who can stare down a Dalek and make it beg for mercy.
Report Spam   Logged

One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 4/6/7
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

He is also vain, ego-centric and quite mad

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Search
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 12:02:51 am »

I have never squeed in public and I don't intend to start now. However I do like the idea of River muchly and she has a real presence. I won't say that she carried TPO/TBB but her performance in the two eps was a large contributory reason why I enjoyed them so much. I think her problem are that you can only keep the mystery for so long before people end up thinking 'Oh get on with it'. I just hope the resolution isn't an anti climax - this is a lady powerful enough to bewitch the Doctor - I hope The Moff et al treat her with the appropriate respect.
Report Spam   Logged

The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 12:05:34 am »

Go on squee, we wont tell Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Dame Roger
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Second
Favourite Companion: Ace

View Profile
Search Windows User Poll Voter
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 01:41:49 am »

I think she's a great character. I love the device of a friend/companion/whatever else she turns out to be who the Doctor keeps running into at different points in both their lives, and the fact that for once there is someone who seems to know more about the Doctor than he does himself. And I hope we see a reversal of this in the future - an episode where the Doctor now knows her well but she has no idea who he is.
Report Spam   Logged

"I'm reversing the jelly baby of the neutron flow."
Whistler
Easily Exterminated

View Profile WWW
Poll Voter Level 3 Webmaster
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010, 02:11:49 am »

I think she's a great character. I love the device of a friend/companion/whatever else she turns out to be who the Doctor keeps running into at different points in both their lives, and the fact that for once there is someone who seems to know more about the Doctor than he does himself. And I hope we see a reversal of this in the future - an episode where the Doctor now knows her well but she has no idea who he is.

What he said Cheesy|
Report Spam   Logged

"Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but, vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." - The Doctor
Iceman
Global Moderator
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: The Doctor
Favourite Companion: Captain Jack Harkness

Hey, it's me!

View Profile WWW
Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 02:32:45 am »

Anybody who looks that good in a suit that tight gets my vote  Shocked Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Twitter: http://twitter.com/Iceman525

What a bunch of a-holes.
Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 11:59:43 am »

Wow I didnt realise people didnt like River Song. I saw the other thread, but I think this is the one where I will hang out. I find her so mysterious and intriguing and cant wait to see more of her in the next series. I also cant wait until I watch older seasons and see her previous stories. I really like her and the mysteries she holds. It is interesting to try and guess what is going on with her
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
Seren_y_Gogledd
Easily Exterminated

View Profile
Level 3 Second year Anniversary Topic Starter
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2010, 03:03:56 pm »

I don't mind the idea of that other thread, it means we can choose not to read it ;-)

I really hope River doesn't turn out to be evil, I'd hate for someone that awesome to be on the side of the bad guys. Though if she only is because she doesn't know they're bad, and everything she's done since is her way of making up for it, I could live with that. Either way, looking forward to finding out next year!
Report Spam   Logged

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron, Final Fantasy X
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 03:09:59 pm »

I agree with you, Seren. I would hate if she turned out to be bad all along, but an atonement type story I could cope with Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Sandiwich11
Faithful Companion
Favourite Companion: The Brig

View Profile WWW
Level 5 Third year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2010, 04:09:02 pm »

I really hope River doesn't turn out to be evil, I'd hate for someone that awesome to be on the side of the bad guys. Though if she only is because she doesn't know they're bad, and everything she's done since is her way of making up for it, I could live with that. Either way, looking forward to finding out next year!

I like that idea, it could lead to some great scenes where she starts to trust the Doctor after learning that her loyalties where misplaced before.  As the Doctor will know the 'spoilers' this time round he would know how she could change and wouldn't give up on her.

I've always thought that she kills someone who the majority of people think of as a 'great man' yet who is in fact someone bad that has mislead them all (much like Saxon).  If she working for this person and then the Doctor shows her how evil he really is, I can totally see her killing him and then trying to make up for everything afterwards.
Report Spam   Logged

One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
DAK
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2010, 09:47:10 pm »

Wow I didnt realise people didnt like River Song. I saw the other thread, but I think this is the one where I will hang out. I find her so mysterious and intriguing and cant wait to see more of her in the next series. I also cant wait until I watch older seasons and see her previous stories. I really like her and the mysteries she holds. It is interesting to try and guess what is going on with her

She was only in one previous story, a 2-parter in season 4.  From what I've read on various sites, many people were either ambivalent about her or disliked her after those episodes, but have come to love her in season 5.  Even the Doctor, who wanted to run away from her at first this season, was outright flirty with her at the end.  It will be interesting (if confusing! LOL) to watch their relationship develop.
Report Spam   Logged
Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2010, 11:41:37 am »

I just know once we know her story next year I am going to love her even more. I love all the mystery surrounding her and I think once we know more about her it will open up so many more storyline possibilites
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
PandoricaPond
RP Moderator
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: Ten/Eleven
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond

View Profile WWW
Windows User Poll Voter Level 3
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2010, 09:05:38 pm »

I am officially breaking my vow of silence.

SQUEEEEE!!

River Song rules. At first I hated her with a fiery passion! But since she made Dalek BEG for mercy, I am now an official River supporter. So I'm sorry for this next squee. I've been holding it in for too long.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

#Doctor: Amy was frightened. I was frightened. But we survived, you know, and the relief of it... And so she kissed me. #Rory: And you kissed her back. #Doctor: No, I kissed her mouth. #Rory: Funny.

#Companions; DOCTOR!!!

#Doctor: RUN!!!

#Doctor: Bowties are cool.

#Doctor: Fezzes are cool
DAK
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2010, 05:21:45 am »

Nice one!  Squeeeeeing is cool.   Cool

I also didn't care much for her when she first appeared, but by the end of "Flesh and Stone" I was looking forward to her next appearance as much as the Doctor was!  By the end of "The Big Bang" I was like "OK, please make this woman a full time Companion!"  She and Eleven are so cute together with their bantering and bickering. 
Report Spam   Logged
chrissymarieb
Faithful Companion
Favourite Companion: Rory Williams and Donna Noble

View Profile
Search Apple User Poll Voter
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010, 01:07:49 pm »

I think River is a very interesting character and there is lots of potential/options for how she can be further woven into the story.  I just hope that she's not The Doctor's wife Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"It's smaller on the outside"
PandoricaPond
RP Moderator
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: Ten/Eleven
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond

View Profile WWW
Windows User Poll Voter Level 3
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2010, 01:10:37 pm »

I'd love to see her as an official companion, but I really don't wanna see the Doctor and River married. I mean, I think it's gonna happen, but I don't like it lol. Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

#Doctor: Amy was frightened. I was frightened. But we survived, you know, and the relief of it... And so she kissed me. #Rory: And you kissed her back. #Doctor: No, I kissed her mouth. #Rory: Funny.

#Companions; DOCTOR!!!

#Doctor: RUN!!!

#Doctor: Bowties are cool.

#Doctor: Fezzes are cool
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: