The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 12:43:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in for the NuWho Episode Tournament in The Greatest Show In The Galaxy

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

The Third Doctor - Frontier In Space

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Third Doctor - Frontier In Space  (Read 1225 times)
Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 4/6/7
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

He is also vain, ego-centric and quite mad

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Search
« on: November 05, 2010, 10:34:06 pm »

In many ways its a brilliant choice to start with. Its certainly not a story i'd recommend jumping into Classic Who but having said that you really get a flavour of the old show with these. Frontier in Space has the distinction of being written as a show almost entirely to set up the Planet of the Daleks. I enjoyed Frontier - its what is know as a 'Space Opera' - part intergalactic political drama, part sci fi drama with individual personality conflict woven in. I really love Planet of the Daleks - it was Terry Nation's return to the show after a long lay off and it really has a good feel to it. The Doctor and Jo have a really good rapport in this - although they are separated for most of it. The Thals are exactly as Nation wrote them in 'The Daleks' (and as he would un-write them a couple of years later in Genesis of the Daleks). Jo, I really think does a brilliant job and the whole story jumps along at a good pace. Like I say, its an unusual choice - but actually an inspired entry point as it is vintage Classic Who - everything I love about the old Doctor Who is in these episodes. I'm glad you're enjoying so far Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: