The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 18, 2024, 04:20:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow our Facebook group, or check out the Doctor Who News site by hitting the links below

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Steven Moffat Slates Doctor Who

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steven Moffat Slates Doctor Who  (Read 559 times)
Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2010, 04:01:12 pm »

Ahhh, the Moff haters out in force again getting their knickers in a bunch over an article written years ago and for which he apologised for in any event.  Any excuse to get your pitchforks out again and start chasing down the 'monster' that is Moffat.

At the end of the day, Moffat *is* a Doctor Who fan, he has been since he was a child (long before some of the pitchfork wielders were even a twinkle in the milkman's eye).  He has even contributed to extras on the Classic Who DVDs (Earthshock in 2003 immediately springs to mind) before Who was brought back.  So, the man had every right to express an opinion on the show just like everyone else on this forum and elsewhere.  But does expressing a negative opinion on a show preclude you from ever working on it in the future?  Of course it bloody doesn't!  The man cares about the show and has his vision for it.  You may like it, you may not, but calling him a 'total berk' says more about the person saying it that Moffat himself, in my opinion.

Finally, both RTD and Moffat know how Who fandom works.  They know that every single thing said about the show will get dissected, over-analysed and blown out of all proportion and Moff, if you don't know already, plays up to that.  He likes feeding the fans mis-information and watching their head spin round in a tizz and implode.  That doesn't mean he doesn't *respect* the fan base and he isn't going to run it into the ground like some of you think.  He is too much of a fan for that.  But it doesn't mean he will do things RTD's way, Phillip Hinchcliffe's way, Barry Lett's way or Verity Newman's way.  He will do it *his* way.

So, stop reading too much in an historic article just to give yourselves another excuse to have a pop at Moffat (which, I will say this forum has a tendency to do which is why I don't visit often), accept his regime and enjoy it.  If you can't, then I'm sad for you but you don't seem to grasp the tenet of the show which has kept it going and fresh for 47 years.  To quote the Sixth Doctor: 

"Change, my dear, and no a moment too soon"

Thats the second time today you have said about not visiting this forum much because of a bias against Moffat, but perhaps if you visited more often you would see a lot of positivity towards him and his work in many, many threads.

In essence, I agree with a lot of what you have said above, so I dont want you to think this reply is an attack. My problem with it though is that you seem to equate disagreeing with his comments in that article with having a vendetta against the man. I can only tell you where I am on this topic and wouldnt want to speak for anyone else, but I am so far happy with his work on the show. Series 5 has been on of my very favourites and I dont think he is running the show into the ground BUT I think his comments in the article in question are out of order. If you read the post Peri-Peri posted before your post, so does Moffat. That doesnt mean I hate the man. That doesnt mean I think he should be deposed. It just means that I think his comments are out of order. His opinions are his own and he is more than entitled to them, but they just dont sit well with me personally. Thats all
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: