The Doctor In The TARDIS
April 19, 2024, 07:08:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in for the NuWho Episode Tournament in The Greatest Show In The Galaxy

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Steven Moffat Slates Doctor Who

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steven Moffat Slates Doctor Who  (Read 562 times)
Whistler
Easily Exterminated

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Poll Voter Level 3 Webmaster
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2010, 03:43:41 pm »

Ahhh, the Moff haters out in force again getting their knickers in a bunch over an article written years ago and for which he apologised for in any event.  Any excuse to get your pitchforks out again and start chasing down the 'monster' that is Moffat.

At the end of the day, Moffat *is* a Doctor Who fan, he has been since he was a child (long before some of the pitchfork wielders were even a twinkle in the milkman's eye).  He has even contributed to extras on the Classic Who DVDs (Earthshock in 2003 immediately springs to mind) before Who was brought back.  So, the man had every right to express an opinion on the show just like everyone else on this forum and elsewhere.  But does expressing a negative opinion on a show preclude you from ever working on it in the future?  Of course it bloody doesn't!  The man cares about the show and has his vision for it.  You may like it, you may not, but calling him a 'total berk' says more about the person saying it that Moffat himself, in my opinion.

Finally, both RTD and Moffat know how Who fandom works.  They know that every single thing said about the show will get dissected, over-analysed and blown out of all proportion and Moff, if you don't know already, plays up to that.  He likes feeding the fans mis-information and watching their head spin round in a tizz and implode.  That doesn't mean he doesn't *respect* the fan base and he isn't going to run it into the ground like some of you think.  He is too much of a fan for that.  But it doesn't mean he will do things RTD's way, Phillip Hinchcliffe's way, Barry Lett's way or Verity Newman's way.  He will do it *his* way.

So, stop reading too much in an historic article just to give yourselves another excuse to have a pop at Moffat (which, I will say this forum has a tendency to do which is why I don't visit often), accept his regime and enjoy it.  If you can't, then I'm sad for you but you don't seem to grasp the tenet of the show which has kept it going and fresh for 47 years.  To quote the Sixth Doctor: 

"Change, my dear, and no a moment too soon"
Report Spam   Logged

"Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but, vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." - The Doctor
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: