The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 02:40:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow our Facebook group, or check out the Doctor Who News site by hitting the links below

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Steven Moffat Slates Doctor Who

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steven Moffat Slates Doctor Who  (Read 534 times)
thefifthdoctor
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Fifth
Favourite Companion: Peri

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2010, 07:04:42 pm »

I don't say I don't like anything being negative said about him.  I don't think I've ever said that.  I question the motives of and stance on Moffat taken by some of the vocal members, particularly some of the moderators.

With the utmost of respect, and in no way looking to create a bunfight out of this, exactly what is there to question, either of vocal members or the mods?
At the end of the day, opinions are like assholes, we all have one, and we are all entitled to it.
Forgive the blunt language there, but you get my point?

As an example, I'll use myself.
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Coupling, Jekyll, Sherlock (even Press Gang, remember that?!) and a lot of what Mr Moffat has done on Doctor Who has been exceptional indeed.
He is undoubtedly a man of talent & I wish I had even 1/3 of it!

However, I do feel he comes across badly - arrogant & full of himself - more often than not in interviews, on twitter, whatever.
I earlier gave the example of my friend attending a writing workshop, and the arrogant person was fully on display therein, sadly.

Now I'm the first to admit I've been very scathing of series 5 on here (I do not post on any other forums, as this is an absolutely wonderful community we have going) - but I have every right to do so, if it is my opinion (it still stands, if you're interested).

Maybe I'm just being self conscious in thinking some of your remarks were aimed at myself, but as previously mentioned, Moderator or not, we are entitled to our opinions, as you are yours.

I very much hope you don't take my reply the wrong way, just trying to smooth things over - we're all here because we love Doctor Who, at the end of the day.

Thx.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: