The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 07:31:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Join The Infinite Quest - This Week's Story: Black Orchid

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

How long have you been watching Doctor Who?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How long have you been watching Doctor Who?  (Read 571 times)
Dame Roger
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Second
Favourite Companion: Ace

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Poll Voter
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2010, 09:56:29 pm »

Starting watching it when I was little more than a toddler! Peter Davison is the first Doctor I remember (albeit hazily), but my Doctor was Sylvester McCoy.
Kind of drifted away from it during the years it was off the air (apart from really enjoying some Jon Pertwee repeats that they used to show on BBC2 in the morning during the school holidays in the early 90s) then came back to it, keener than ever, with the new series. Struggling to understand now how I coped with all those years that it was out of my life!
Report Spam   Logged

"I'm reversing the jelly baby of the neutron flow."
Spenser
Hatchling

View Profile
Level 2 Second year Anniversary Topic Starter
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2010, 11:32:06 pm »

1988 was when I started paying attention really.  Yes, a year before the cancellation. I didn't know what I'd been missing, but I'm  a fast learner. The 7th/Ace team is still a favourite.
Report Spam   Logged

That's the part that does matter.
How.
It's the only part that matters.
steve5424
Hatchling

View Profile
Level 2 Second year Anniversary Level 1
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2010, 02:17:18 pm »

My first memory of Who was Peter Davison, however I was only 3/4 at the time. So most of my younger memories are of Colin Baker the 6th doctor and McCoy the 7th doctor when I was around 8/9. 

Peri is still the hottest assistant  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Sandiwich11
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: The Brig

View Profile WWW
Level 5 Third year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2010, 02:31:58 pm »

My Mum was a huge fan (mainly of Jamie, lol) so it was something we watched without fail whenever it was on, therefore I don't remember seeing it for the first time or remember not watching it as a child in the early 70's.

Tom Baker has been my doctor for a very long time, with JP and Davison a very close joint second.  Much as I had enjoyed the reboot neither Eccleston or Tennant had any hopes of beating these three in particular,  but since Matt Smith has taken on the role he has become my new favourite.  11 simply is a 900 year old alien which I don't feel 8-10 managed to consistently portray, thou I do enjoy them in the role Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
2cajuman2
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Christopher Ecclestone
Favourite Companion: Cpt Jack Harkness

Famous person? Favourite Cheese please?

View Profile WWW
Poll Voter Level 4 Webmaster
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2010, 06:37:52 pm »

I started watching in 2005, my Mum used to like it when she was younger so she watched it when it came back.

Grin Thus my addiction was born. I can't actually remember sitting down to watch the first series, I do remember not liking David Tennant in the Christmas special though. Took me awhile to get used to him. Smiley Chris is my Doctor and probably still my favourite...In a way.. Wink

Once hooked I started to look for classic who and now I have seen most Classic Eps available Grin
I like Peter Davison and Jon Pertwee the most! Smiley Controversial statement but Tom is not near the top of the fav Docs list Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

River Song: Everyone knows that everyone dies. And nobody knows it like the doctor. But I do think that all the skies in all the worlds might just turn dark, if he ever accepts it.

??Cheeses + rising!
Who-ever8
Hatchling

View Profile
Level 2 Second year Anniversary Topic Starter
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2010, 01:51:22 am »

I started watching in 1987, but since I'm in the US, they were repeats, specifically of JP and then TB.  It may be because the first episode I ever saw was JP's that he's my favorite, but I could give you a number of reasons, all more valid.  But getting back to my introduction to Who, I will never be able to thank my childhood friend Ron enough--it was his house at which I saw my first episode of Who.
Report Spam   Logged
TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2010, 02:02:20 am »

It was 2005 for me. Totally wasn't interested in watching but caught an episode by accident and was hooked. It was Fathers Day. I didn't watch the rest of the series but I got the boxset and caught up and have been a huge fan since
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
thefifthdoctor
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Fifth
Favourite Companion: Peri

View Profile
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2010, 10:58:04 pm »

I can remember watching with my Dad when I was around 5 - the Davison years.
Best theme music, best titles, best Peri (yum!)

Been watching ever since, although I will admit I can't get my head around to watching the Hartnell years (what's left of them) - dunno, it just leaves me kind of cold.
Report Spam   Logged

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2010, 12:29:01 pm »

Id seen it before, but I became a fan in 2005. Im currently working my way backwards through the Doctors. Have done 8, 7 and 6 so far. Not sure why im doing them in reverse though Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: