The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 01:16:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in for the NuWho Episode Tournament in The Greatest Show In The Galaxy

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Eleven is Awesome!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eleven is Awesome!  (Read 1540 times)
missadric2
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Peter Davison
Favourite Companion: Adric/ Amy Pond

Imagination is the key to Everything

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Topic Starter Multiple Badge Holder Level 3
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2011, 04:26:47 pm »

Haha I have unconditional love for Peter Davison but Matt isn't that far behind him Cheesy he's gorgeous as the Doctor
Report Spam   Logged

'An apple a day keeps the.....oh never mind!' - fifth Doctor

The 5th Doctor will always have a special place in my heart and will always be MY Doctor

Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 4/6/7
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

He is also vain, ego-centric and quite mad

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Search
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2011, 12:21:37 am »

Matt Smiths Doctor has so many wonderful layers. There is the classical upper class Englishman. There is something of the outsider throw in a dash of camp and you have an actor who is growing so wonderfully in to the role. I am warming so much to Matt Smith's Doctor. Literally every performance he gets a little better.
Report Spam   Logged

RedHairedGrrlGeek
Hatchling

Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: River Song

View Profile
Topic Starter Level 1 10 Posts
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2011, 03:14:17 pm »

I like this Doctor very, very much.  I was watching a clip of Neil Gaiman talking about DW to Craig Ferguson earlier, and he summed it up perfectly by saying that Matt does that thing of being 900 and being eleven at the same time.  That has to be hard to put across, but he does it brilliantly. 

Also, he is FUNNY.  But he's also pretty scary in Oncoming Storm rage mode.  (And yes, DAK, you are allowed to say it...he's pretty easy on the eye. Wink)

Report Spam   Logged
DAK
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Eleven!
Favourite Companion: River!

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2011, 06:34:19 am »

I like this Doctor very, very much.  I was watching a clip of Neil Gaiman talking about DW to Craig Ferguson earlier, and he summed it up perfectly by saying that Matt does that thing of being 900 and being eleven at the same time.  That has to be hard to put across, but he does it brilliantly. 

I remember seeing that interview and nodding all the way through it.  LOL  He's the only one I've ever found convincing as an ancient alien in a young (hot!  Wink ) body.   

Also, he is FUNNY.  But he's also pretty scary in Oncoming Storm rage mode.  (And yes, DAK, you are allowed to say it...he's pretty easy on the eye. Wink)

He's VERY easy on the eye!   Cheesy

Saw this article yesterday and all I could think was "we'd better get some shirtless Doctor scenes after this"!  LOL

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2010046/BAZ-BAMIGBOYE-Doctor-Whos-Olympic-past-Matt-Smith-star-gold-winning-rower-1948.html

"Matt will go into immediate training, not only to learn how to row like a champion, but to look like one, too."

Can you imagine the season starting with the Doctor all buff and muscled?  I sure can!!   Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
missadric2
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Peter Davison
Favourite Companion: Adric/ Amy Pond

Imagination is the key to Everything

View Profile
Topic Starter Multiple Badge Holder Level 3
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2011, 12:08:27 pm »

*daydreams* hmmmm maaaaaattttttt wha sorry?Huh? Oh yeah *cough* he is easy on the eye Wink haha
Report Spam   Logged

'An apple a day keeps the.....oh never mind!' - fifth Doctor

The 5th Doctor will always have a special place in my heart and will always be MY Doctor

Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 4/6/7
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

He is also vain, ego-centric and quite mad

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Search
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2011, 10:42:03 pm »

On the eve of the finale to his second full season I just wanted to say how utterly amazing Matt Smith has been in this entire split-season. I have loved his performances - even when the story has let him down! There is a depth to his performance that others have not been able match and I find myself drawn to him when he is on the screen. This season has been a triumph for Matt Smith.
Report Spam   Logged

Joshua
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Donna

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 2500 Posts Super Poster 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2011, 02:47:59 am »

He's been fantastic, and may have trumped Tennant as my favourite Doctor, something I never thought I'd say Shocked

I'd just like to see him now with a worthy companion
Report Spam   Logged

TV Addict|Lost|Grey's Anatomy|Parks & Rec|Game of Thrones|Community|Cougar Town|Doctor Who|Member of the Month Nov 2011
DAK
TARDIS Traveller
Favourite Doctor: Eleven!
Favourite Companion: River!

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2011, 06:59:58 pm »

I've loved Matt Smith in the role since his very first episode.  I, like many others when they saw the announcement of the new Doctor, thought he was too young, too inexperienced, etc.  I was so pleasantly surprised at the end of "The 11th Hour".  Smith is definitely that one in a million actor, and they were very lucky to have scooped him up before some other producer discovered him.  He's far surpassed Tom Baker and Chris Eccleston as my favorite Doctors. 
Report Spam   Logged
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2011, 01:45:01 pm »

He really has been excellent this year. He was great from the off, but he really upped his game in series 6, even when faced with a script that perhaps wasn't so great. I really hope he does at least another 2 seasons
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

HuonEnergetic
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: 9 closely followed by 11
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble, Rose Tyler, Rory Williams

Everybody lives!

View Profile
Topic Starter Multiple Badge Holder Level 2
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2011, 06:14:45 pm »

What amazes me, really outright amazes me, is how he is so youthful and has the quirky alienness about him, but on the other hand there are scenes, where you look at him and he litterally looks a thousand years old, it's in his eyes, his face, his whole appearance, that you actually have to stop and think "Wait, this guy is not even 30 years old?"
Every time such a scene comes up, he has me hooked completely again.
David Tennant is a fantastic actor and i admire his skill to put a thousand diffent looks on his face during one minute and you believe him, but he never convinced me of the Doctor's age as Matt does.
I have no Idea how he does it, but on screen he just get's 900 years older in the blink of an eye.
Report Spam   Logged

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2012, 02:10:01 pm »

What amazes me, really outright amazes me, is how he is so youthful and has the quirky alienness about him, but on the other hand there are scenes, where you look at him and he litterally looks a thousand years old, it's in his eyes, his face, his whole appearance

This is one of the reasons I like his performances so much, and probably the last thing I expected when he was announced as the Doctor. He totally just got it and was brilliant from the off
Report Spam   Logged

Twisted-Sister
Faithful Companion

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Poll Voter
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2012, 05:02:50 pm »

He just gets better and better imo. I'm really hoping that he will stay on long enough to do his fourth series and then I think he will have done enough to move on. There has been talk of him leaving since his first episode and I think that has made his stay feel really short so far, but another two series (including the one they are currently filming) should right that.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: