The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 07:11:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow our Facebook group, or check out the Doctor Who News site by hitting the links below

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Doctor Who Live Tour

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Doctor Who Live Tour  (Read 2559 times)
Tardis-Console
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Amy

Say it. Everybody does!

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #120 on: October 24, 2010, 11:17:54 am »

Hurry up and post the pictures Doc. I cant wait to hear all about it Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

My Series 6 Ratings (so far):
TIA 10/10 | DOTM 10/10 | COTBS 8/10 | TDW 10/10 | TRF 9/10 | TAP 10/10 | AGMGTW 10/10 | LKH 8/10 | NT 4/10 | TGWW 10/10
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #121 on: October 24, 2010, 01:40:51 pm »

Last night was simply amazing. I just spent half hour writing all about how amazing it was but then my computer crashed, so this is more of an abridged version.

Seeing all those Doctor Who villains up close was superb and we had absolutely amazing seats. I have to admit when I heard that lesser knowns like the Scarecrows and Clockwork Droids were going to be there I wasnt that excited, but seeing them up close was brilliant and worked so well. The Scarecrows particularly were very creepy but were also very funny as they chased audince members around during the interval to get people back to their seats. One kid in particular screamed his lungs out when they chased him.

The orchestra were brilliant and the atmosphere when they were all playing was electric. Listening to the music as the clips played over the screen was brilliant and they accompanied the monsters brilliantly. The scenes with Matt were really funny and written so well. It was just a shame he wasnt on stage as part of the show.

The villains themselves were brilliant. Being that close to them after seeing them all on screen for so many years gave a feeling that was indescibable. I was like a 7 year old filled with excitement. When the Judoon came up to us and assimilated us with there alien tech thing was one of the best moments ever!!!! They are genuinly terrifying up close and being just a few feet away from them was an amazing experience.

I didnt realise before how much of a fan of the Cybermen I was, but I spent the entire night waiting for them to come out and when they finally did I let out the biggest squee ever. They came marching past us, about 3 feet away and looked superb. The kids in the audience were terrified and I just had this feeling that is so hard to put down in words, but like 50 years worth of history was stood in front of me and it was amazing. such a great exciting and nostalgic feeling seeing them right in front of us. It wasnt like we were watching actors in suits, you just fell right into the story and believed there were really Ood and Cybers and whatnot stood in front of you. It was brilliant.

The Daleks, I have to say, looked fantastic. Completely different to how they appear on screen. They were so big and imposing and they really did take your breath away. I still think they dont translate too brilliantly on screen, but up close and in person in all their different colours they looked so impressive and scary. I totally get what Moffat was thinking now. Its just a shame they dont look so great on the TV.

The cut scenes shown on the big screen were really great. When they went through the regenerations towards the end, the crowd lapped it up and cheered like mad men, but when it got to 9,10 and 11 they raised the roof. Matt had the biggest cheer of all, but Ten was a very close second and you could tell he was still fresh in the minds of so many of them. The tribute to Amy Pond was also brilliant. They chose all the very best scenes and it was so poignant and well put together. The crowd went wild for it.

I cant begin to tell you how exciting the evening was and I was so glad I went. It was brilliant from start to finish and I would go again in a heartbeat. The first review I wrote was far better than this and a while lot more detailed, but my laptop crashing zapped the energy out fo me to write it all out again, but this covers most of it I think. I also have a few pictures for you all too. They arent that great though. I took about 60, but I only had my iPhone with me and they dont have zoom or flash so I had to make do and most came out blurry. It looks like im quite far away in the pictures, but we were really close to the stage and all the monsters cam right past and interacted with us. Though only the Judoon targeted us personally. Ill never forget that Tongue

Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Sandiwich11
Faithful Companion
Favourite Companion: The Brig

View Profile WWW
Level 5 Third year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #122 on: October 24, 2010, 03:05:10 pm »

Wicked review Doc, I'm so jealous Sad(
Report Spam   Logged

One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #123 on: October 24, 2010, 03:12:21 pm »

I am sooo jealous Doc. Glad you had a good night though. Sounds wonderful
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

Iceman
Global Moderator
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: The Doctor
Favourite Companion: Captain Jack Harkness

Hey, it's me!

View Profile WWW
Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #124 on: October 24, 2010, 03:14:03 pm »

Saw this picture:

Thought it was cool Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Twitter: http://twitter.com/Iceman525

What a bunch of a-holes.
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #125 on: October 24, 2010, 03:17:52 pm »

The Cybermen were a LOT smaller than I would have imagined. Dont think they even hit 6 foot
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #126 on: October 24, 2010, 03:21:53 pm »

Sounds like you had a ball Doc. So gutted I couldnt go to one of the dates
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: