The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 19, 2024, 06:12:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in for the NuWho Episode Tournament in The Greatest Show In The Galaxy

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Doctor Who The Complete History

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Doctor Who The Complete History  (Read 775 times)
Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« on: February 24, 2016, 03:36:09 pm »

From 1963 to today, and from script to screen, discover how every adventure of all 12 Doctors was created in one unique reference collection. A must have for any Doctor Who fan.

Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

Peri-Peri
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Five
Favourite Companion: Peri

Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 03:41:19 pm »

I picked the first one up in a shop and then they stopped selling it, forcing me to subscribe. It's been an absolute shambles ever since. They charge me twice a month, but only ship once (with both copies, in fairness) and the time it takes between issues seems to be getting longer. I've recieved 8 in 6 months, and for 2 of those months they weren't sending them because they said the standing order had been cancelled. When I contacted my bank they said it hadn't, and the publishers were demanding money for issues they said I'd not paid for. When I sent them proof of purchase I then had to start a brand new subscription because they'd cancelled the first.

This set, at it's current size is going to cost me over £800. For all the subscribers they have you'd think they'd be able to put some sort of proper system in place. And because the call centre is outside of the uk it makes communication even more difficult.

The books themselves though are an amazing insight into the show and they put forward a lot of information that I wasn't aware of, which surprised me as I thought that well was pretty much run dry. They also send the books out of order, so if you're a completist, like me, then you've got no choise to keep going or the spines will look terrible on the shelf.

Definitely worth delving in to, but beware of the hassle you might come up against with the subscription people
Report Spam   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: