The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 07:27:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Head over to 76 Totters Lane and check out all the latest merchandise

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Which characters death affected you the most?

Poll
Question: Which characters death affected you the most?
Tosh
Owen
Ianto
Jack's Grandson
Other

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which characters death affected you the most?  (Read 1440 times)
Seren_y_Gogledd
Easily Exterminated

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 3 Second year Anniversary Topic Starter
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2010, 04:27:57 pm »

I've managed to watch most of it, still haven't watched Day Five again though.
Report Spam   Logged

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron, Final Fantasy X
2cajuman2
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Christopher Ecclestone
Favourite Companion: Cpt Jack Harkness

Famous person? Favourite Cheese please?

View Profile WWW
Poll Voter Level 4 Webmaster
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2010, 09:27:17 pm »

you know other people saying they havent watched it loads of times, ok twice, makes me feel so much better. I felt a bit wimpy and pathetic, but now I dont Smiley (Hope i didnt offend you Roll Eyes )
Report Spam   Logged

River Song: Everyone knows that everyone dies. And nobody knows it like the doctor. But I do think that all the skies in all the worlds might just turn dark, if he ever accepts it.

??Cheeses + rising!
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2010, 10:01:56 pm »

I must have watched COE (all eps) at least 6 times since transmission. Love it
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

sleekituk
Tin Dog

View Profile WWW
Windows User Poll Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2010, 10:34:51 pm »

I've watched it twice since, better every time IMHO.

With you on Frobisher, awful.

feel sad now!
Report Spam   Logged

The Doctor: Do you know like we were saying, about the earth revolving? It's like when you're a kid, the first time they tell you that the world is turning and you just can't quite believe it 'cause everything looks like it's standing still. I can feel it.
ciaramil
Hatchling

Favourite Doctor: Ten
Favourite Companion: Rose Tyler

View Profile WWW
Poll Voter Level 3 Webmaster
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2010, 12:10:23 pm »

I voted Ianto... *takes cover from the scary people who might kill me(Kiss Don't get me wrong, Tosh and Owen's death had me pretty much in tears and if I had my way I'd bring all three of them back. But I dunno why but Ianto just had a hold over me... His death reduced me to tears too..\:
Report Spam   Logged

"Even if I change it still feels like dying. Everything I am dies. Some new man goes sauntering away... And I'm dead." ~ Tenth Doctor (End of Time)
mel42
RP Moderator
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: Ten, Eleven
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond, Sarah Jane Smith (favorite Whoniverse characters) and supporter of Gwen Cooper

View Profile
Level 5 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2010, 06:05:47 pm »

I voted for Owen, I thought he had a very interesting character arc from being a young doctor to more cynical after losing his fiance and then having his life changed after death. Maybe if they had found a way to restore him to life after that, he would have been a bit less cynical and still worked together with the team.  Jack had chosen all the team members for a reason because they had something to offer or they needed to work through their problems through their jobs at Torchwood.
Report Spam   Logged

"Have you never seen something so mad, so ... extraordinary, that, just for one second, you think that there might be more out there?"

(Gwen Cooper, Torchwood)
Doomsday
Hatchling

Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey

View Profile
Poll Voter Topic Starter Multiple Badge Holder
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2010, 09:02:49 pm »

By far Tosh's.  Ianto's was very moving, but from where I was at, I did not know Tosh was going to die, so it was a massive shock for myself, whereas I knew about Ianto in advance so I had time to get used to the idea.

I cried a lot when Tosh died as she was such a sweet character who really worked well on the show.  I would have loved to have seen more of her, and seen her get tougher and braver.
Report Spam   Logged

If these are going to be my last words then you're going to listen. I met the Emperor. And I took the time vortex and poured it into his head and turned it into dust.
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2010, 09:29:58 pm »

Tosh doesnt get nearly enough love that she deserves. I loved Ianto, but for me Tosh was the biggest loss of all of them
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2010, 06:15:15 pm »

Tosh. Without a shadow of a doubt!
Report Spam   Logged

PandoricaPond
RP Moderator
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: Ten/Eleven
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond

View Profile WWW
Windows User Poll Voter Level 3
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2010, 07:48:50 pm »

Owen for sure! I loved the character so much. It was sad coz I loved his soft side and wanted to see that get explored a little more. And when Tosh said "Because you're breaking my heart" I cried. Ianto's death kinda pissed me off. Coz when CoE ended I sat there thinking "That's it! No more TW! Man!" But RTD always comes through. Great guy. Shame he left DW.
Report Spam   Logged

#Doctor: Amy was frightened. I was frightened. But we survived, you know, and the relief of it... And so she kissed me. #Rory: And you kissed her back. #Doctor: No, I kissed her mouth. #Rory: Funny.

#Companions; DOCTOR!!!

#Doctor: RUN!!!

#Doctor: Bowties are cool.

#Doctor: Fezzes are cool
matty
Hatchling

Doctor, Doctor Who?

View Profile WWW
Poll Voter Webmaster Topic Starter
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2010, 07:57:32 pm »

It was between Ianto and Tosh but in the end I had to vote Ianto. I just feel that it was the most emotional death I'd ever seen. The sadist part was seeing him die in Jacks arms and knowing jack would be fine but Ianto couldn't come back.
Report Spam   Logged

Favourite Doctor: David Tennant
Favourite Episode: The Big Bang
Favourite Villian: The Master
TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2010, 09:52:17 am »

I went with Tosh. He sitting there all wounded and still trying to calm Owen down had me in tears. And that 'you're breaking my heart' moment was heartbreaking Cry
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
Hyacathusarillistad
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: Third or Eleventh
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant or Amy Pond

Extant Time Lord

View Profile
Level 4 Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2011, 12:43:21 am »

Old thread, I know. Sue me.

While Owen was my favourite character from Out of Time onwards, I think I was affected the most by Tosh's death. It was just so sudden, and senseless, that it completely took my by surprise. I quite honestly couldn't have cared less about Ianto's death, because I already knew it was coming thanks to the internet. I was cheering when Jack's grandson was killed; I just hated that little kid. But then, I hate pretty much every child actor I see, mostly because they can't **** act. No, the fact that they're just kids is not a valid excuse. >_>
Report Spam   Logged

Torchwood Five

Episode I - The Brainstem Murders
Episode II - Vanishing Act
Episode III - Side Effects
Episode IV - The Villieneuve Incident
Episode V - Ritardando
Episode VI - Body Count
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2011, 11:21:38 am »

Thanks for digging it up - reminded me I haven't voted come in to vote since I finally got caught up with TW  Smiley

I'm going for Tosh because it was the genuinely the one that provoked the most emotional response from me - I was literally balling  Cry
Owen's death has to be a factor in here as well, but as it hadn't really affected me the first time he passed I know it was Tosh's death that drew the response. I had nothing for Ianto and only welled up a little bit over Jack's grandson.
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
TheRealHeatherG
Hatchling

Favourite Doctor: 10 > 11 > 9 > 4
Favourite Companion: Rose, Donna, Jack, Martha

Iceman is my OH. Please send help. (And pizza.)

View Profile WWW
Topic Starter Multiple Badge Holder Level 2
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2011, 01:32:31 am »

I cried when Owen and Tosh died -- two in one ep, it was kind of intense. And while I didn't cry when Ianto died (though I loved him), that's probably because I was bracing for it. But I think the death of Jack's grandson was the most shocking for me; I was totally unspoiled, and my heart was racing, and I kept thinking, "Jack won't sacrifice his grandson...right?" But he did.

Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

Twitter: @TheRealHeatherG

(I answer to "Heather" or "Bella")
EmoSpaceWhale
Hatchling

Favourite Companion: Jack Harkness, Mickey Smith, Donna Noble, Rory Williams

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2011, 04:26:48 am »

*sighs* ... I feel like I might get a bit of hate but.... It's Ianto. I has to be. For those who know me well this is no surprise.

Tosh and Owen.... I loved them. I can't watch that episode without crying... But with Ianto? I can't stand it... For example, I tried watching CoE after it was on TV and I could only get up to Day 3. I love the Janto moments otherwise the story is just too heavy.
I feel as though I'll be the only on one here who will fight for him. *sighs* Yes I'm a supporter of Save Ianto Jones but I'm not one who refuses to watch MD. It has John, I have to. XD

But what I don't understand is why did he have to die?... The excuse that is out there isn't a very good one. He would have sacrificed his grandson if he had to, Ianto didn't need to die, and don't you think in the moment Gwen's and her kid's death would have been stronger? But no... She's Russel's pet.

After Tosh and Owen Ianto was Torchwood. Of course he was the one who replaced them. He also was always there in the beginning. They needed him.

And before I annoy more people or just keep saying more things to make myself look stupid I'll shut up for the time being. But, to answer the question: Not a day or hour goes by that I don't have a thought about him. I don't think the same could be said for the others. He was and is still my favourite... It's kinda weird but still. *shrugs*

Ianto <3 ;~;
Report Spam   Logged

"Mobiles, landlines, tin cans with bits of string Everything, absolutely everything! No phones! Phones all broken. Hello is anyone there? No, 'cause the phones aren't working!" ^.^
2cajuman2
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Christopher Ecclestone
Favourite Companion: Cpt Jack Harkness

Famous person? Favourite Cheese please?

View Profile WWW
Poll Voter Level 4 Webmaster
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2011, 07:57:44 pm »

I won't give you hate, I miss Ianto the most!

Though, in terms of character and story, he had reached the end  Undecided

It's the writer inside me acknowledging it... Gwen could have reached an end if they had killed off Rhys or something, but Gwen has an ongoing story, you have a character, their role is 1+2+3 and their journey is A to B, as soon as they reach that - Bam, what is their use? Nothing. *shrugs* I've accepted it
Report Spam   Logged

River Song: Everyone knows that everyone dies. And nobody knows it like the doctor. But I do think that all the skies in all the worlds might just turn dark, if he ever accepts it.

??Cheeses + rising!
EmoSpaceWhale
Hatchling

Favourite Companion: Jack Harkness, Mickey Smith, Donna Noble, Rory Williams

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2011, 02:02:02 am »

Haha thanks...

Oh I dunno about that. He was the one we knew the least about, they could have done a bit?

Gwen... She serves no point really IMO.

I know that he is dead and more than likely won't come back but that doesn't mean I have to accept it. That's how I look at it and I'll continue to support him.
Report Spam   Logged

"Mobiles, landlines, tin cans with bits of string Everything, absolutely everything! No phones! Phones all broken. Hello is anyone there? No, 'cause the phones aren't working!" ^.^
Joshua
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Companion: Donna

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 2500 Posts Super Poster 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2011, 11:32:43 am »

Definitely Tosh. She's the only TW character I actually liked. And her death was very sad too Sad
Report Spam   Logged

TV Addict|Lost|Grey's Anatomy|Parks & Rec|Game of Thrones|Community|Cougar Town|Doctor Who|Member of the Month Nov 2011
RiverandTheDoctor
Hatchling

Favourite Doctor: Tenth Doctor
Favourite Companion: River Song

View Profile
Topic Starter Level 1 10 Posts
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2011, 04:26:24 am »

Tosh's.

I loved Tosh, but never liked Owen (in fact I often hated him) and while I liked Ianto, I never loved him as much as I loved Tosh. Jack's grandson's death and Tommy's death were also ones that were really sad, but I was far more invested in Tosh's character, so hers affected me more deeply than theirs did.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: