The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 28, 2024, 06:51:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Vote in the Classic Episode Battles in The Invasion of Time

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

Sherlock

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sherlock  (Read 2185 times)
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« on: August 31, 2010, 11:01:14 pm »

Just because I am surprised this thread hasnt been created already.

Now its over, what are your overall thoughts?
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 11:20:26 pm »

I was concerned when I realised it was an update but I really enjoyed it esp 'A Study in Pink' - there's some brilliant quotes in that ep.

I'm looking forward to the next run.

Must get the DVDs.
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 11:22:54 pm »

I'm surprised it was only renewed for three eps. I thought they may have pushed for 6.

to be honest, I really liked the first one, but the follow ups just didnt seem to live up to the first and the second one was awful
Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 11:35:29 pm »

I'm surprised it was only renewed for three eps. I thought they may have pushed for 6.

to be honest, I really liked the first one, but the follow ups just didnt seem to live up to the first and the second one was awful

Yes if I had to place them in order it would 1st ep, 3rd ep & 2nd ep - let's hope they don't use the guy who wrote that second ep again - was by far the weakest of the trilogy.

Make them all like 'A Study in Pink' and I'll be happy!!! Wink
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 4/6/7
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

He is also vain, ego-centric and quite mad

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Search
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 12:02:09 am »

Think I would agree. Thought the first and third were superb (I mean, what a finale) and the second was a little pedestrian. I promise not to mention Cumerbutch as a potential Doctor....But wouldn't he be fabulous!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 12:08:28 am »

NO!!

Im sorry but everything about him makes my skin crawl. I watched a few interviews with him and he comes across as a right pompous arse. The things he comes out with, and his whole attitude and demeanour are so offputting. I wont question his acting skills, but the man himself comes off as not very likeable, and I think having him as the Doctor would make it so hard to watch. For me, anyways.
Report Spam   Logged

Vampyros Adric
Global Moderator
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 4/6/7
Favourite Companion: Jo Grant

He is also vain, ego-centric and quite mad

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Search
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 12:10:15 am »

Easy tiger! You'll have the Cumerbunch's after you - they are a vicious lot! My friend criticised Wanda Ventham and they tore him to shreds!
Report Spam   Logged

The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 12:12:51 am »

Haha. I faced the Ianto's and lived to tell the tale, so I should be ok Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 10
Favourite Companion: Donna

View Profile
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 10:33:04 am »

I promise not to mention Cumerbutch as a potential Doctor....But wouldn't he be fabulous!!!!!

No Angry No he wouldn't!!! Angry He suits SHERLOCK because the character isn't about being liked. Thankfully it'll never happen because he's terrifed of school lunchboxes Grin

I really enjoyed the series. Didn't think I would because of it being brought up to date - also a huge fan of Jeremy Bretts - but it was brillantly handled. Cumberbatch is perfect in the role and I'm pleased to see Mr M plans to keep him busy in it for another series. Hopefully that will give him plenty to talk about when he's interviewed next Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Jane Smith: No.The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship. Everything has its time. And everything ends.
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 11:20:31 am »

I promise not to mention Cumerbutch as a potential Doctor....But wouldn't he be fabulous!!!!!

...Thankfully it'll never happen because he's terrifed of school lunchboxes Grin... Hopefully that will give him plenty to talk about when he's interviewed next Tongue

Meow Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 02:54:19 pm »

Meow Cheesy

Haha...you have no idea Cheesy Oh...actually...yes...you do Tongue  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Jane Smith: No.The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship. Everything has its time. And everything ends.
BlueRose

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2010, 03:18:01 pm »

NO!!

Im sorry but everything about him makes my skin crawl. I watched a few interviews with him and he comes across as a right pompous arse. The things he comes out with, and his whole attitude and demeanour are so offputting. I wont question his acting skills, but the man himself comes off as not very likeable, and I think having him as the Doctor would make it so hard to watch. For me, anyways.

Not only that, but his comments in regards to it were pretty demeaning towards the show.

Sorry, I want someone who was/is a fanboy of the show, has a passion for it, and would know how to play the role of the Doctor. I think that's my biggest criticism of MS: he never even watched the show prior to auditioning.
Report Spam   Logged
2cajuman2
Faithful Companion
Favourite Doctor: Christopher Ecclestone
Favourite Companion: Cpt Jack Harkness

Famous person? Favourite Cheese please?

View Profile WWW
Poll Voter Level 4 Webmaster
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010, 07:02:51 pm »

Can we go back to talking Sherlock? Cry

You could create a new thread "Benedict Cumberbatch will never be The Doctor" it would get replies Tongue

1st Ep = The best!
3rd Ep = What we can probably expect
2nd Ep = Interesting, but not up to scratch (Though I know someone who thought it was best Shocked )

Didnt Ep 2 have a different Director too? *looks it up* Ohh Euros Lyn, thought Paul McGuigan was better tbh... Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

River Song: Everyone knows that everyone dies. And nobody knows it like the doctor. But I do think that all the skies in all the worlds might just turn dark, if he ever accepts it.

??Cheeses + rising!
poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2010, 07:07:01 pm »

1st Ep = The best!
3rd Ep = What we can probably expect
2nd Ep = Interesting, but not up to scratch (Though I know someone who thought it was best Shocked )

Someone thought ep 2 was the best *scratches head* - takes all sorts I guess!!!  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

BlueRose

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2010, 07:10:45 pm »

I still haven't seen it but wanna D:
Report Spam   Logged
mel42
RP Moderator
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: Ten, Eleven
Favourite Companion: Amy Pond, Sarah Jane Smith (favorite Whoniverse characters) and supporter of Gwen Cooper

View Profile
Level 5 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2010, 10:18:40 pm »

I agree that episode 1 was the most enjoyable.  I came to the show looking forward to a modern version of Holmes. I hadn't read the original stories before, though I saw a few TV episodes of the Jeremy Brett series.  Like the BBC's showing of Hamlet, Sherlock cast great character actors in the title roles.  I knew the most about Martin Freeman out of the Sherlock actors, from the original version of The Office and the recent movie adaptation of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.  As for Benedict Cumberbatch, I hadn't heard of him before Sherlock was aired, but he fits the role of Sherlock, similar to House in solving mysteries because they challenge his mind. 
Report Spam   Logged

"Have you never seen something so mad, so ... extraordinary, that, just for one second, you think that there might be more out there?"

(Gwen Cooper, Torchwood)
GreenLemons
Tin Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2010, 07:00:02 pm »

Oh GOD! I loved Sherlock so much! I thought episode one was the best out of the three. Benedict makes a brilliant (and sexy...) Holmes.
Report Spam   Logged

Beans are evil. Bad, bad beans.
MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2010, 08:07:42 pm »

Benedict makes a brilliant (and sexy...) Holmes.

Sexy? Really? Oh dear....... Shocked Wink
Report Spam   Logged

GreenLemons
Tin Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2010, 08:19:36 pm »

Hehe, yeahhh Tongue Can't help it!
Report Spam   Logged

Beans are evil. Bad, bad beans.
MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2010, 09:08:23 pm »

Hehe, yeahhh Tongue Can't help it!

He does a great SHERLOCK but in every other respect....you're welcome to him Tongue Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: