The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 03:55:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow our Facebook group, or check out the Doctor Who News site by hitting the links below

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

System Malfunction

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: System Malfunction  (Read 186 times)
Mind_Robber
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Poll Voter Level 4 Webmaster
« on: June 07, 2011, 04:30:32 pm »

Am I the only one who noticed a minor inconsistenty at the beginning of the TVM?

When we first take a tour of the TARDIS, the scanner says that the Doctor is headed to Gallifrey in the Rassilon era (obv, to return the Master's remains for burial, or whatever).

But right after the Master burns out the systems, we get brief glimpses of the console as McCoy tries to work out what's wrong, and even before the TARDIS advises emergency procedures, without having set them, the temporal coordinates already read December 30, 22:47

Does anyone else think this stinks?
Report Spam   Logged

There's one thing you never put in a trap. If you're smart, if you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap... me!
Saber
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Liz Shaw

View Profile
Second year Anniversary Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 01:14:36 pm »

Why does it stink?

I can't say I have ever noticed it, but it sounds like a small film continuity/production error. Not really a huge deal. Pretty much every story is littered with them
Report Spam   Logged
Mind_Robber
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 03:26:35 pm »

Why does it stink?
Sorry, bad choice of words. I couldn't think of a better way to end the post Undecided

I can't say I have ever noticed it, but it sounds like a small film continuity/production error. Not really a huge deal. Pretty much every story is littered with them
I know you're right. I just think small error or not, it seems like a pretty serious error, given the fact that the temporal/spacial coordinator determines when and where the TARDIS goes Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

There's one thing you never put in a trap. If you're smart, if you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap... me!
Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Jon Pertwee
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 5000 Posts Second year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 04:16:37 pm »

Well, we know the TARDIS can see the future (Idris certainly can) so maybe she knew that's where they'd end up going even before it was decided Cool
Report Spam   Logged

poprockgeek
Global Moderator
Destroyer Of Worlds
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: The Ponds

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 04:26:05 pm »

Well, we know the TARDIS can see the future (Idris certainly can) so maybe she knew that's where they'd end up going even before it was decided Cool

That's probably the best way to look at it   Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"He is ever after only one thing: power. And also helmets with horns ... he's really into those."
Mind_Robber
TARDIS Traveller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 07:57:42 pm »

That's probably the best way to look at it   Smiley
I suppose if you look at it that way, Idris did say she always takes the Doctor where he needs to be. Maybe you're right. She knew the Master would escape and already had the t/s coordinator set ready for an emergency landing
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: