The Doctor In The TARDIS
March 29, 2024, 02:10:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Head over to 76 Totters Lane and check out all the latest merchandise

Home Help Gallery Doctor Who News Facebook Group FAQ's Staff List Calendar Members Login Register  

A Tribute To The Second Doctor

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Tribute To The Second Doctor  (Read 376 times)
The Doc
Administrator
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Eleven
Favourite Companion: Donna Noble

@TardisSpoilers

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Level 6 Super Poster 50 Posts in one day
« on: November 22, 2010, 08:26:07 pm »

Tenure: 1966-1969
Stories: 21
Episodes: 119
Companions: Ben, Polly, Jamie, Victoria, Zoe

Mercurial, clever, and always a few steps ahead of his enemies, at times he could be a calculating schemer who would not only manipulate people for the greater good but act like a bumbling fool in order to have others underestimate his true abilities. Some times, this appears simply as a joke, such as in The Tomb of the Cybermen, where he finishes the archaeologists' calculations behind their backs, but in other times, it seems much darker. In The Evil of the Daleks he coldly manipulates Jamie in trying to rescue Victoria (thus setting in motion the human factor tests) and is unsympathetic when Edward Waterfield tries to apologise for his collaboration with the Daleks. But despite the bluster and tendency to panic when events got out of control, the Second Doctor always acted heroically and morally in his desire to help the oppressed.

Report Spam   Logged

Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair and The Doctor comes to call, everybody lives.

Exterminate
Guardian Of Gallifrey

Do Not Blaspheme!

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 08:52:15 am »

Of all the classic Doctors I think 2 is my favourite. I've probably seen less episodes with him than anyone else but for me he was just brilliant and made me love the classics. All the doctors were good but this one was brilliant
Report Spam   Logged

Nyki
Guardian Of Gallifrey
Favourite Doctor: Jon Pertwee
Favourite Companion: Leela

View Profile
Third year Anniversary 5000 Posts Second year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 12:21:10 am »

I've just been right through all his stories (audio at least) and it's tragic that more hasn't survived.  The Second Doctor set the pattern of being a little less aloof from his companions than his predecessor had been and there were some very strong "families" in the Tardis during his time.  A very fine series of stories.
Report Spam   Logged

TheDoctorDonna
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: Eleven/Two
Favourite Companion: Donna/Barbara

Whatchoo Lookin' At?

View Profile
Super Poster 50 Posts in one day Super Poster 25 Posts in one day Level 5
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 05:59:13 pm »

One of my very favourite Doctors. The energy and dynamic that he brought to the role was fantastic and its a travesty that so many of his episodes are missing as everyone is missing out on so much. No matter how good or bad the story he is always a total joy to watch and listen too
Report Spam   Logged

One! One word! Shake, milk-shake, milk! Milk! No? Not milk! Um, shake, shake, shake! Cocktail shake! What, d'you want a Harvey Wallbanger?
MandyDuchovney
The Other Side Of Light
Timelord
Favourite Doctor: 10
Favourite Companion: Donna

View Profile
Poll Starter Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 12:00:58 pm »

Since I was too young to appreciate his incarnation at the time most of my admiration/affection for Troughton has come in retrospect.

His regeneration was my first and quite traumatic as I recall. It took my Dad some time to get through to me what had really gone on and for me to accept that Pertwee was STILL the Doctor. Roll Eyes Grin

Report Spam   Logged

Sarah Jane Smith: No.The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship. Everything has its time. And everything ends.
Davros
Tin Dog
Favourite Doctor: Sylvester McCoy (7th)

Tar Lubeck ka'leed Uth Ricta Dal'ek.

View Profile WWW
Topic Starter Multiple Badge Holder Level 2
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 05:03:03 am »

I wish more of Troughton's era survived. So much of his charm and charisma is in his facial expressions and his body language. I wonder if it contributes to the fact that few novels feature the second, as he is harder to write for.
Report Spam   Logged

Today, the Kaled race is ended, consumed in a fire of war. But, from its ashes will rise a new race. The supreme creature. The ultimate conqueror of the universe. The Dalek!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: